The purpose of Dignity Health Management Services Organization (Dignity Health MSO) is to build a system-wide integrated physician-centric, full-service management service organization structure. We offer a menu of management and business services that will leverage economies of scale across provider types and geographies and will lead the effort in developing Dignity Health’s Medicaid population health care management pathways. Dignity Health MSO is dedicated to providing quality managed care administrative and clinical services to medical groups, hospitals, health plans and employers with a business objective to excel in coordinating patient care in a manner that supports containing costs while continually improving quality of care and levels of service. Dignity Health MSO accomplishes this by capitalizing on industry-leading technology and integrated administrative systems powered by local human resources that put patient care first.
What We Offer
Dignity Health MSO offers an outstanding Total Rewards package that integrates competitive pay with a state-of-the-art, flexible Health & Welfare benefits package. Our cafeteria-style benefit program gives employees the ability to choose the benefits they want from a variety of options, including medical, dental and vision plans, for the employee and their dependents, Health Spending Account (HSA), Life Insurance and Long Term Disability. We also offer a 401k retirement plan with a generous employer-match. Other benefits include Paid Time Off and Sick Leave.
- This position will report to the: Director, Business Analytics
- Percentage Travel Required/Frequency: No Travel
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Remote Worker: Non-eligible
What You’ll be Responsible For in this Role – Your Contribution & Career Journey
The IT Business Analyst II, serve as the internal consultants between the business and Information Services. They provide analysis and evaluation of business data, processes, and define report and data requirements. They will perform quality checks to confirm positive data integrity of reports, dashboards and data extracts. When data anomalies are identified, Business Analyst II’s collaborate with the Report Delivery team to correct and provide accurate, actionable information. As the internal consultants, Business Analyst II’s develop relationships with key stakeholders to understand the business needs and bridge the gap with Information Services identifying opportunities to improve, develop, maintain and continuously monitor business performance.
What We’re Looking For
- Provides ongoing support and maintenance of custom and third-party business intelligence applications
- Determines business requirements, reviews system capabilities, analyzes product performance, determines product requirements, troubleshoots problems, and trains end users.
- Works with department directors, managers and end users to assess software application needs, provides input and recommendations to IT Management.
- Serve as SME in the business
- Develop and leverage relationships with peers, supervisors and management
- Prepares detailed project descriptions and needs assessments
- Influences the development of performance indicators for project-based initiatives and works to ensure effectiveness of performance indicators through monitoring and control
- Gather and define report and data extract requirements for Report Delivery team
- Monitors process of performing Data Analysis
- Identify trends and explore root causes
- Ensure positive data integrity and accuracy
- Use data to develop creative and practical solutions to business problems
- Present findings with developed written and visual summaries
- Support the Data Governance Program as necessary
- Responsible for following policies and procedures set by the Data Governance Program
- Collaborate with the Data Governance team to document and update procedures
- Improves processes used by the business and Information Services
- Conduct workflows, process diagrams and gap analysis to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Assess scope and impact on business needs
- Develop business cases for process improvements with cost, service, and benefit dimensions of proposed projects
- Assist in the development of project plans
- Use the appropriate project planning tools
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5 years of industry experience, or 3 years of MCS experience, working in a role requiring knowledge and management of IT business systems concepts and processes is required.
- 5 years of experience using Microsoft Visio, Excel, Access, and/or relational database management systems such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL.
- Experience participating in a Data Governance Program and documenting definitions and standard value sets for performance metrics
- Must have valid California drivers’ license and clean DMV record
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methodologies and techniques
Additional Required Qualifications
- Advanced understanding of theoretical and practical aspects of data information systems: Spreadsheet manipulation, management, and reporting, database querying, Integration, training, and support for custom and third-party software solutions
- Advanced knowledge of data governance, data modeling, data integration, and data mapping.
- Advanced knowledge of standard HIPAA EDI transaction sets.
- Advanced ability to define problems, gather and analyze data, assess user needs and requirements, reason logically, draw sound conclusions, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to perform more complex systems analysis and design, enhance and modify new and existing systems, write instructions, and train staff and users.
- Advanced in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Ability to identify issues and problems within operations, program systems, administrative activities, and other relevant areas.
- Achieve within one (1) year of employment and maintain a 50% or better rating on the current Business Systems Analyst Competency Matrix.
- 5 years of experience for additional software utilized by Business Systems Analysts as listed on Business Systems Analyst Competency Matrix is preferred.
- Bashelor's degree in computer science,mathematics, management information systems, or a closely related field preferred
- Experience using advanced statistical tool sets such as: R, MatLab, SPSS, SAS
- Actuarial or Statistical Science and/or cost accounting experience
- Experience with large-scale marketing and/or survey methodologies
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Dignity Health Management Services Organization does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Dignity Health Management Services Organization is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.