Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow’s drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients—and your career.
We are presently hiring a Business Analyst – Working in our San Diego, CA or Gaithersburg, MD location.
The Business Analyst formulates and defines a proposed solutions scope and objectives through research, client interface, and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
Additional Job Responsibilities include:
- Participates in the development of functional business requirements and helps users assess relative priorities for both business process and technology solutions.
- Understands business processes and priorities. Evaluates alternative business process and technology solutions, and participates in making technology recommendations to enhance business operations.
- Develops business requirements, functional designs, process maps, user test plans, and training materials associated with business process and technology solutions. Facilitates client involvement in User Acceptance Testing.
- Works collaboratively with peers in Business Process and Solutions, the Deloitte Application Management Organization, and Global Applications and with the InTeleCenter to coordinate the overall delivery of technology solutions to business groups.
- Develops working knowledge of the industry, CMA clients and technology trends; uses this information to support the continuous improvement of the CMA Process Architecture.
- Assists in providing recommendations to technology business requirements, business objectives, budgets and timelines. Provides cost estimates for project related tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years Covance CMA experience preferred.
- Siebel Call Center experience, excel/data analysis skills, detail oriented, excellent communication skills, comfortable working independently for multiple clients in a fast-paced environment.
- analytical and data skills, comfortable with Excel, experienced running reports for clients and analyzing data, quick learner.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, can work independently, able to work on multiple requests for multiple clients weekly.