Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
As a member of the Group Claims Digital, Process Automation team, the Claims Business Analyst supports the NA Claims Process Automation delivery program and reports to the AVP Group Claims Digital to drive our process automation (“PA”) initiatives. This role will be accountable for supporting business requirements, data collection and analysis, process design, and re-engineering opportunities within NA Claims.
- Reports directly to AVP, Global Claims Digital
- Supports planning, data analysis, and process design of the NA Claims Process Automation program
- Analyze, gather, and document business requirements and process flows (both as-is and to-be).
- Collaborating and facilitating meetings with key stakeholders across the Claims Department to understand and define business needs
- Supports delivery of process optimization, conduct necessary data collection and quantitative analysis, automation opportunity identification and prioritization, and develop recommendations
- Responsible for creating, reviewing, and analyzing business requirements documentation for potential process changes as a result of system/process changes, new strategic initiatives, or as a result of specific operations requests for all assigned projects; and for translating these requirements into workflow, role/responsibility and/or procedural changes
- Assist the LOB to establish team communication structures to ensure all team members are up to date and aligned to the changes and requirements with regards to processes, technologies, team structures and approaches.
- Heavy focus on process analysis and data analysis with 1-2 years of previous insurance experience.
- Ability to work independently on assignment of moderate to high complexity.
- A creative thinker who is flexible in nature and is comfortable in an agile operating environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong consultative skills; able to work with Claims leaders to identify needed process changes, assist in the reengineering process and develop future state process.
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex topics to senior claims leadership.
- Manage and influence resources outside one’s span of control; a builder of relationships, yet appropriately assertive in accomplishing the task at hand.
- Anticipated overnight travel of 25%.
- Limited flexibility in job location; preferred location is Chesapeake, VA.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.