The Business Analyst- International is responsible for delivering mutually agreed upon functional requirements for the IT team. This position participates in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle including both package and custom development, taking a business requirement through to implementation, and post-implementation. The International team is based in Grapevine, Texas. (SAFe, lean-agile)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Under the guidance of a senior business analyst, gather business case details for proposed projects.
- Collect & manage business and functional requirements through implementation:
- Create or revising any requirements documentation
- Track changes, analyzing proposed changes for impact
- Coordinate team & stakeholder communication for new and/or updated requirements
- Identify and participate in the resolution of requirements conflicts involving scope, schedule, budget or quality.
- Monitor and report on requirements metrics.
- Ensure that all requirements are compliant with IT policies throughout the project.
- Obtain stakeholder acceptance for all deliverables.
- Manage requirement traceability matrix throughout project lifecycle.
- Create, coordinate, and conduct user acceptance testing, including coordination of resources, documentation of issues found and follow up through resolution as required.
- Design and maintain end user training and support team documentation.
- Develop strong relationships with the supported business function by building subject matter expertise in their business processes and the systems that support those processes.
- Coordinate project activities including scheduling meetings, publishing agendas and meeting minutes/action items where applicable, and follow up reports.
- Develop subject matter expertise on the front-end and back-end data systems that support and interact with GameStop systems, and the flow of data between those systems.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in Information Systems, Computer Science or other related field required
- At least 2 years of Business Analyst, Information Systems or Quality Assurance experience required
- Experience in implementation and delivery of software preferred
- SAFe experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient knowledge of methodologies, processes and tools commonly used by Business Analysts
- Possess willingness and ability to work with legacy technologies
- Possess leadership skills as demonstrated by a disciplined approach to innovation and the capacity to create and embrace the vision for the end goal or project deliverable, including a determined commitment to project completion
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken English including the ability to provide clear, constructive feedback to team members
- Ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
- Ability to spend time in the user environment as needed to analyze business operations and perform post-implementation support and validation
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Possess proficient analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficient knowledge of implementation and delivery of software
- Working ability to remain effective under stress, and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering and scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
- Knowledge of Retail Systems and processes preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft .Net Object Oriented technologies preferred
- Participation in groups or affiliations concerned with the development and revision of the Body of Common Knowledge for BAs preferred
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities