Role- Senior Data Architect
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Experience as a data architect, especially driving AI in an industrial company is definitely a big plus. One of the key areas candidate will be focused on, is helping our AI journey especially in the planning of creation, provisioning of data, needed to power AI/ML models, when relevant data is not readily available.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in Data/Information Architecture; related experience and/or education may be considered.
- 3+ years of Master Data and Data Solutions experience. Additionally, experience with analytics is beneficial.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of data engineering, data management, data integration, analytics, data stores, data quality, security and availability of data, with a cloud-first mindset.
- Experience with one of the following Big data technologies: Amazon Web Services, Azure Cloud, Google cloud, Data Lake, or Hadoop.
- Demonstrated experience in providing data solutions design to enable better data within the organization.
- Strong understanding of both structured and unstructured data stores
- Proven ability to translate complex technical concepts to simple business language. Must have a continuous improvement mind-set and develop self and others to improve performance.
- Proven track record in establishing Global Data / Information Architecture. Deep understanding of common information architecture frameworks and information and metadata models, taxonomies, and the challenges of applying structured techniques to unstructured sources.
- Deep understanding of Master Data, Integration, Data Quality and Security.
- Proven stakeholder management skills with strong communication and persuasion skills, including the ability to translate the information architecture contribution to business outcomes into simple briefings for Senior Management. Convey the "Why.
- Strong integrated consultancy skills with the demonstrated ability to influence and manage the expectations of senior business stakeholders, Digital management and internal/external partners.
- Data modeling and information classification expertise at the enterprise level. Strong knowledge of information management concepts, data warehousing, data analytics platforms and relational database engines. Experience in successfully rolling out MDM and analytics implementations.
- Fluent in continuous delivery, continuous integration.
- Hands-on experience with Agile/Lean Startup methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and in taking people along so that they are excited about the ability to create impact through the use of new emerging digital technologies.
- A self-starter who is self-motivated, disciplined, self-assured, performance driven and passionate and most importantly one who always finds a viable path forward technologically.