Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology Staffing organization, has an opening for a Business Analyst to work within one of our large clients in the Montgomery, AL area. This 12+ month contract with the possibility of extension.
Please send your resume to Brooke Hileman at BHileman@apexsystems.com if you're interested in learning more about this role! To view all jobs from Apex, and/or sign up to receive posting alerts that match your criteria, join our Talent Network via http://itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com/.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
Seeking a Business Analyst - Consultant to assist with implement small to large projects.
Objectives to Be Fulfilled by Candidate:
The principal duties of this position are to evaluating agency needs, as-is and to-be business processes, and technical designs to provide analysis and advice on strategies for information technology solutions and non-technical solutions. Functions as a Senior Business Analyst. The BA will provide detailed analysis and document business processes and requirements.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Serves as a liaison between the business programs community and the IT organization to provide technical
solutions to meet user needs.
• Working within a team to build the expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an
understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities.
• Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine
opportunities to automate processes and functions.
• Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
• Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and
manages changes to such specifications. Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
• Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT
from initial requirements to final implementation.
• Requirements development execution, including the elicitation, analysis, specification and validation.
• Documents and analyzes agency business processes and recommending improvements.
• Documents and analyzes data requirements and relationships.
• Participating in the requirements management processes, including change control, version control,
tracking and status reporting, and traceability.
• Provides requirements interpretation and guidance to technical and test teams.
• Proactively identifying risks, issues, and action items leading to possible solutions.
• Interacts with internal and external organizations (i.e. vendors, State and Federal government agencies,
State providers and beneficiaries, and other stakeholders).
• Research business rules, requirements, and models.
• Maintain business rules, requirements, and models in a repository.
• Other project-related duties.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 2 years’ experience eliciting, mining, and documenting business rules, processes
• Superb written and oral communications skills, including the ability to write requirements and Use Cases.
Very Strong proficiency in English is required.
• Experience and ability to obtain business processes and requirements information by interviewing business
personnel and by mining laws, regulations, and policy documents.
• Knowledge of formal business process documentation.
• Understanding of business modeling techniques, including the use of graphical process flow software
• Ability to effectively communicate to executive management, line management, project management, and
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Familiarity with Behavior Driven Design practices
• MMIS experience (project or operations)
• Jira or another similar system
• Familiarity with Gherkin or similar BDD language.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178