Senior Business analyst dedicated to Global Markets Technology initiatives and projects. Extensive interaction with front office business partners of varying levels in capital markets, origination, sales, as well as business management, operations and compliance.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 59 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
o Gaining an in-depth understanding of Global Markets applications, how they are used by the business and how applications fit into the overall deal workflow;
o Providing application expertise and training to the business stakeholders.
o Identifying process redundancies and/or inefficiencies that can create pain points for the business and how technology solutions can provide increased business efficiency;
o Coordinating with other technology teams and software vendor(s) to troubleshoot and resolve open issues and request enhancements; assist with tracking work in progress, including status and target dates;
o Assisting with gathering metrics on team / vendor productivity;
o Collaborating with technical leads and software vendors to design technology solutions that meet business needs; producing mock-ups / specifications for business approval;
o Developing use cases, test strategies / plans, reviewing test scripts by offshore QA team, performing expert user testing;
o Creating and executing plans for training and user acceptance testing;
o Providing application training and demonstrations.
- Knowledge and experience of Capital Markets/ New Issue/ Primary Markets (stocks, bonds, LevFin)
- requires approximately 8-10 years BA experience at a leading financial services organization.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking ability; ability to troubleshoot production issues and get them resolved quickly by the appropriate support team;
- Experience working directly with the front office, ideally in a trading floor environment, is strongly preferred- BA or BS degree in information technology or computer science from an accredited 4 year university
- MBA or MS degree preferable.
skills: - A solid understanding of equity, bond and/or syndicated loan fundamentals is strongly preferred
- Experience with capital markets and the syndication process is a plus.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize effectively and handle responsibilities for multiple projects / support issues concurrently
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; ability to get a point across quickly and concisely is important
- Experience working as part of a global team is a plus
- BI Tools experience is helpful; MS Office, Visio, MS Project, JIRA is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.