Business Analyst - Products & Solutions, Security IT - Remote
This is the career you’ve been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you’ll get the unique chance to impact some of the world’s most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights.
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we’ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn’t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of
- courage & innovation
- agility & performance
- inclusivity & collaboration
- integrity & accountability
It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
nderstand business processes, process analysis/management, and their related IT requirements. You drive the definition, optimization, improvement, and approved changes to new and existing business processes. Responsibilities may include providing guidance on development and delivery of documentation and training material.
you’ll be part of our Stanley Security, Products & Solutions team located in Fishers, Indiana. This dynamic organization manufactures and sells Intrusion, Access Control systems, and Video products.
- Conduct business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses to align IT solutions with business initiatives
- Work closely with business users to define and analyze problems and figure out the most suitable technical, application or configuration solutions
- Assist in defining project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project teams; establishing project budgets
- Communicate business needs with technology solutions team to gain alignment between business needs and technical capabilities.
- Work with Architects and Developers to translate business requirements into functional / technical specs
- Assist in validating business and technical requirements are met during the project delivery process
- Assist in overseeing user acceptance testing (UAT) activities to ensure business and system requirements are met
- Assist both innovation and strategy development with subject matter expertise, when appropriate
- Create reviews and delivers end-user documentation (user guide, process flow charts, training materials) and training for accuracy
- Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts / processes
- Application domain knowledge
- Business acumen
- Business process management & modeling
- Facilitation of business requirements workshops
- Consultative problem solving
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Strong oral & written communications
- Requirements definition & management
- SDLC / Iterative / Agile / Scrum development
- Understanding of future / emerging technologies
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio, JIRA, or other requirements management tools
- Knowledge of application and system integration methods and computing environments
- Dependent on Role, a functional knowledge of:
- Systems knowledge in SAP/Oracle helpful
- Engineering systems such as Windchill/Catia
- CRM/Digital Systems like Salesforce or CMS, PIM capabilities supporting websites
Benefits & Perks
You’ll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
What You’ll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren’t linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you’ll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that’s how the best work gets done. You’ll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You’ll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.