No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant.
As the Business Analyst\Python-SQL Developer, you will perform critical research and investigation of key business problems. You will leverage your strong business skills and translate them into solid technical solutions.
Using phenomenal analytical skills, you will develop and improve quantitative data analytics and set performance targets for the enterprise. As a subject matter expert, you will interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches for its consolidation.
Your analyses and solutions will be used to directly improve the outcomes and quality of care for our Medicare Advantage members.
There are new challenges and bigger rewards around every turn. Now is the time, and this the place where you'll find a career in which you can make a big difference in our company, our industry, even our world. Join us. And start doing your life's best work.
- Work with medical professionals and business analysts to identify and build out metrics to monitor the prevalence of medical procedures that are over utilized as well as metrics to best measure the quality of care that each medical clinician is providing
- Development of data queries and extracts necessary for network analytics initiatives
- Interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches
- Provide claims, premium, capitation and membership data in support of provider reporting and utilization analyses
- Create and update automated processes
- Produce and review reports
- 1+ years of work experience in a corporate setting
- Ability and strong interest in learning the intricacies of the business and translating them to technical solutions
- 1+ years python experience
- 2+ years of experience using a structured programming language
- 2+ years SQL query writing, with advanced level proficiency
- At least an intermediate level of proficiency working with MS Excel including formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Actuarial Science
- 2+ years of experience in health care analytics working with large data sets
- 2+ years of experience in python
- Experience using python data libraries such as pandas
- Medical coding experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: data analysis, query, queries, analytics, clinical, claims, report, SQL
CitizenshipStatus: Other Visa Accepted
Function: Healthcare Econ & Analytics
BusinessSegment: Optum Consumer Solutions Group
Division: CSG Actuarial & HCE
Shift: Day Job