Business Analyst, Residential Loan Origination
San Francisco, CA
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Lending Services, we document, fund, and service all loans for First Republic. We’re also responsible for servicing investor and collateral loan portfolios, as well as responding to client and loan team inquiries. Lending Services provides operational support in streamlining workflow processes, driving product development, and providing training, lending compliance support, and professional development resources. Additionally, we provide operational risk and internal control oversight, support lending-based systems and vendors, and manage technology projects across First Republic product lines.
First Republic Bank is looking for a motivated, experienced Business Analyst to join the Residential Loan Origination Support team. The Business Analyst will be primarily responsible for coordinating and/or executing project tasks, producing system documentation and communicating with business partners and providing ongoing support for NetOxygen, the Bank’s Loan Origination System (LOS).
The BA will be primarily responsible for the analysis, design, development, documentation, testing, and reporting activities associated with the Bank's LOS. The BA will prioritize and complete implementation activities, work with process related vendors, collaborate with other bank departments, and produce required documentation and deliverables. The BA will liaise with various business partners in order to build and maintain effective working partnerships. The BA will also work with Business Leads and Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to identify, prioritize, and implement solutions for LOS enhancements deployment and reduce risk.
What you'll do as a Business Analyst, Residential Loan Origination:
- Provide Project support by documenting business requirements including:
- Identify business needs; analyze workflows and existing process/systems vs. future state
- Perform business analysis functions such as:
- Document business requirements
- Create use cases and functional specification,
- Spearhead the effort required to develop those documents, document assumptions, dependencies, issues and risks
- Design, execute and document application testing
- Document results for communication to affected teams/areas
- Represent the team by serving as a key contact for the business unit, technical vendors, and other SMEs on the project team
- Act as Testing Lead:
- Work with the project team to document needed testing for all scope items
- Create test scripts for all process, implementation and systems enhancements
- Work with testers to coordinate reporting of identified issues and document/report re-testing results
- Coordinate testing efforts with UAT/QA team
- Work with vendor to report testing results and coordinate re-testing as needed once new code is put into place
- Partner with team members and vendors to analyze current and proposed processes, workflows and systems.
- Support prioritization of work requests:
- Identify business partner urgent and long-term needs
- Advocate for business partners and workstream during prioritization processes
- Maintain up-to-date priority and planning decisions in department tracking application
- Develop and document operational procedures to support improved products, processes, tool and measurements.
- Assist in the creation of workstream specific project materials such as work plans, status reports, executive presentations, meeting notes etc.
- Develop documentation for users and training purposes.
- Recommend solution options with clear and concise language appropriate for each audience
- Maintain detailed records in the form of meeting notes, project forms/templates, policy and procedure updates, documentation of key decisions and exceptions, all in forms that can be easily accessed and store on project share point site.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities or as assigned by supervisor
- Responsibilities include the following: 1)adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.); 2)adhering to Bank policies and procedures; 3) completing required training; 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer; and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank
What skills you will use:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must possess 7-10 years of experience in business analysis or project management.
- 3-5 years of experience with Loan Origination Systems and/or Mortgage Lending preferred.
- Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, notably Excel and Access.
- Must possess the ability to produce technical design documents and requests in support of the Workstream and Business Line.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to change, think creatively and excel in a fast paced, agile environment that depends on critical thinking and strong problem solving capabilities.
- Must possess the ability to work independently and with teams of varying sizes; includes ability to challenge and drive while also motivating and encouraging.
- Must possess strong people, analytical, and process skills.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to work proactively and operate accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with variable deadlines.
- Must possess demonstrated organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.