Apex Systems has an immediate need for a Business Systems Analyst in the D.C metro area. This client is a Top 15 place to work in IT and top user of AWS. Could this be the perfect job for you?
Pay: Competitive based on experience
If you are interested and want more information please send your resume to Carly Wilson at Cawilson@apexsystems.com
ROLE: The main function of this position is to work as part of a Platform product team and perform business analyses for assigned product(s) in order to ensure that the platform meets the needs of the business communities it will serve.
- Be able to represent the business user to the delivery team and anticipate the needs of the end user.
- Envision and harmonize feature requirements to ensure that platform optimally meets needs of the disparate business organizations and processes it supports.
- Help drive platform transformation to integrate functionality that more effectively facilitates core business needs.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Product Managers and BAs who represent platform users’ lines of business to determine platform requirements.
- Spend time with end-users to gain an appreciation of the work they perform and how they use your product.
- Determine the requirements for features and/or enhancements that are part of the product vision using standard techniques including user interviews, group feedback sessions, and direct observation.
- Document new feature and enhancement requirements as Epics/Stories/etc. in Jira including technical information (e.g., data requirements, state diagrams, etc).
- Communicate concepts and work with UI/UX designer as part of requirements definition process.
- Support the development team throughout an Agile development process including clarifying requirements, providing feedback, and testing changes.
- Support end-user feedback activities, such as user acceptance testing, training, documentation, and demonstrations.
- Perform user support tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in business, IT, or other related discipline.
- 3-5 years as an BA, Product Owner, Product Manager or similar function.
- Familiarity with software development processes, especially Agile SCRUM and creating common artifacts.
- Ability to solve business problems by envisioning a product or feature and communicate it to all levels of business and technical teams using wireframes, documentation, and presentations, as appropriate.
- Able to generate creative, simple solutions to complex problems. Ability to learn new processes quickly.
- Basic knowledge of SQL and programming languages in order to comprehend reading code and run queries.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to quickly solve problems and understand complex details.
- Ability to increase operating efficiency with high quality solutions.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions.
- Must be able to travel domestically up to 40%.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178