This role is based in San Diego, CA.
At ResMed (NYSE: RMD, ASX: RMD) we pioneer innovative solutions that treat and keep people out of the hospital, empowering them to live healthier, higher-quality lives. Our cloud-connected medical devices transform care for people with sleep apnea, COPD and other chronic diseases. Our comprehensive out-of-hospital software platforms support the professionals and caregivers who help people stay healthy in the home or care setting of their choice. By enabling better care, we improve quality of life, reduce the impact of chronic disease and lower costs for consumers and healthcare systems in more than 120 countries. To learn more, visit ResMed.com and follow @ResMed.The Sleep team is helping to fuel ResMed’s growth by focusing on solutions (products software services) to improve the quality of life for patients with sleep-disordered breathing and help providers improve efficiencies and reduce their costs. We are pioneers in providing a better experience for patients on therapy, and helping them achieve and maintain adherence with innovative masks and sleep devices with cloud connectivity. With nearly a billion people estimated to be suffering from obstructive sleep apnea, this is an opportunity to make a difference and change people’s lives whether in Marketing, Sales, or product development.
Let's talk about the team and you:
In this position, you will be responsible for acquiring, managing, manipulating and analyzinginformation stored in and created by ResMed Digital Health Technology and IT systemsin order to provide expertise for business decisions. You will also conduct research to determinethe best means of obtaining and transforming information into managementreports to be provided to ResMed’s Managed Services team to provide insightinto their business. The successful candidate will have experience either in asenior system or business analyst role, with extensive experience working withdata extraction tools and business metrics.
Let's talk about Responsibilities:
- Acquire and abstract primary or secondary data from existing internal or external data sources
- Partner with internal teams and customers to review data, perform basic statistical analyses, and provide recommendations on business opportunities and improvements
- Build automated systems that empower team members to access reports and dashboards
- Develop dashboards, graphs, reports, and presentations of project results as routine and ad hoc
- Ability to receive report requests from non-technical team members, translate into requirements and provide actionable insights
- Ability to participate in the development of program requirements for future offerings and enhanced technology platforms
- Learn new platforms and technologies in order to provide increasingly sophisticated insights to drive business objectives
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with moderate levels of complexity in order to support business needs
- Attend training annually or as required on protecting personal data
- Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to adapt quickly and learn from others
Let's talk about Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics or a relevant discipline strongly preferred
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience performing data analysis; combination of education and experience will be considered
- Strong understanding of Salesforce’s capabilities and limitations
- Technical understanding of XML, data models and database design development a plus
- Proficient at writing SQL queries and experienced with one or more OLAP tools.
- Experience using SAS, SPSS, R or other statistical packages is desirable for analyzing large data sets
- Experience in data mining techniques and procedures, and knowing when their use is appropriate
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Experience working directly with business sponsors to understand their informational gaps and determine the analysis and reports that will be of most benefit to them
- Experience with BI Tools (Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI)
- Experience with collecting and documenting user requirements.
Okay, so what’s next?
Joining ResMed is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note: Unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered. ResMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Veterans. ResMed participates in E-Verify. The Notice of E-Verify Participation and the Notice of Right to Work are available for your review. ResMed is a smoke-free workplace.