At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic’s employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank’s information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
Under the direction of a Banking Core Transformation Program (CTP) Project Manager, the Business Analyst will be responsible for collaborating with project stakeholders to understand and interpret the project requirements. And then to translate the requirements into varying detailed documentation including but not limited to detailed analysis, use case definitions, requirements traceability matrix (RTM), process designs, test plans, and test execution scripts. The business analyst will also be required to create and present quality presentations in support of the project requirements, gap analysis, testing results, defect tracking, and status. This role also requires exceptional communication skills with an ability to build and maintain working relationships with our Accounting team members, Banking line of business (Loans, Deposits, Branch Office), Technology, and other various involved departments as this individual will work cross-functionally with multiple teams, technology, and business operations.
It is desirable that candidates for this position have at least 5 years’ experience working within Banking and Accounting driven projects, including projects that have had ambiguous as well as aggressive timelines. The candidate must have proven ability to plan and work independently with little supervision in a highly complex, entrepreneurial, and high pressure environment.
Project reporting, governance and transparency is also essential and must be demonstrated through previous projects and success. Attention to detail and an ability to convey relevant information at summary and detailed levels is required.
What you’ll do as a Business Analyst:
- Work as an effective liaison between Accounting, Business Operations, Technology, and other various business units to ensure that project needs are addressed.
- Work closely with project stakeholders to document requirements and the associated use cases to thoroughly define and represent the mandated functionality and results.
- Identify, document, and communicate possible gaps in requirements, and at times collaborate with other SME’s to provide possible solution options.
- Be accountable for high-quality analysis and detailed documentation to facilitate effective decision making, communication, and consistent project execution and delivery.
- Provide business partners and project team with guidance, and with high quality documentation contributing to optimum designs, testing, deliver and effectively manage change and risk.
- Given the Bank’s delivery of many technology solutions and related services are through third parties, you may be required to work closely and effectively with multiple third parties.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by manager.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 5+ years of business/ process analysis required.
- 5+ years of banking or financial services industry experience in the domain of accounting, loans, and deposits
- 5+ years of experience that demonstrates an in depth understanding of IT and Financial Accounting systems and operations is a plus.
- Strong governance aptitude adhering to project standards, while mitigating risks and scope creep.
What skills you will use:
- Analysis and writing of concise business and functional requirements.
- Analysis and documentation of operational workflows and system process flows.
- Documentation of complex use cases, requirements traceability matrixes, test plans, test conditions and scripts.
- Experience in both system and user acceptance testing and documentation of reported defects.
- Excellent communication skills is mandatory. Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate cl early and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings; commands attention and can manage group process during presentation/ discussion and achieve group consensus
- Change management. Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns; takes initiative to recommend/ develop innovative approaches to getting things done
- Negotiation skills. Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic
- Experience with First Republic Bank is a plus.
- Strong business orientation with broad experience with various banking lines of business processes, technology and change initiatives is a plus.
- Peer relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration
- Familiarity with Agile, writing and execution of User Stories is a plus.
- Familiarity with JIRA is a plus.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.