This is Sai Girish and I am a Staffing Specialist at LS Solutions, Inc. Kindly take a moment to review the details of the position
Supplier Quality Auditor
Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: 6+ Months
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with cross-functional teams providing guidance regarding application of supplier quality procedures.
- Perform direct and indirect supplier evaluation and selection activities, including supplier capability assessments and supplier quality systems/manufacturing process audits. Develop and implement a supplier audit system and schedule, as well as supplier risk mitigation strategies when appropriate.
- Participate in supplier audits to ensure Regulatory compliance to good manufacturing practices (GMP) and Food Safety regulations.
- Develop, implement, and monitor early supplier quality development initiatives, including supplier performance management, Quality Plans, supplier certification, process improvements, and cost reduction initiatives.
- Partner with Engineering for supplier new part qualification activities, including development of capability studies, control plans, first article inspections, PFMEAs, etc.
- Partner with Engineering to determine receiving inspection requirements of purchased components, materials for investigation and first article inspections.
- Review and approve engineering design changes and supplier change requests to determine part re-qualification needs.
- Perform periodic trending and review of supplier-related quality data. Institute quality tools and programs that focus on identification and prevention of quality defects.
- Lead Material Review Board and non-conforming product
- Working knowledge of food regulations
- At least 5 years in a Quality Assurance
- Experience in conducting supplier quality audits for FDA regulated industry, specifically food industry
- Exhibits strong collaboration skills and the ability to develop/maintain productive relationships to assure success on both current and new business initiatives.
- Ability to combine data, good judgment, and intuition to drive improvements and make timely business decisions.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and methodically manage project milestones.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills required (fluent in English language).
- Working knowledge of metrology, test, inspection, and analysis techniques preferred.
Sr Talent Acquisition Specialist
LS Solutions, Inc.
Greater New York City Area
Direct: (609) 639-9609
Supplier Quality Engineer