Job ID#: 23150BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Business Analyst (Software)
Job Category: Business Development, Manufacturing
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Process Analyst to join the Manufacturing Center for Continuous Improvement (MCCI) within our ASI Division located in Poway, CA. The MCCI team builds and delivers the software that empowers the shop floor with the tools, data and analytics to deliver aircraft to our customers. We take a Research and Development approach to all of our integrations of software and hardware and enable the exchange of data across the shop floor through our internally built and maintained software solutions. This position will be an integral part of this highly cross functional team and tasked with helping us to continue to deliver value added solutions to the enterprise. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for analyzing business and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified business processing systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes, validates and develops business and technical process requirements. Develops systems requirements, techniques, and controls. Assists with implementation efforts and requirements.
- Develops and coordinates business and user requirement specifications. Ensures consistency, traceability, feasibility and completeness.
- Defines system scope, gathers high level business requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions, and bugs reported by end users
- Strive to understand the true business problems and opportunities behind project requests and business requirements. This role does not simply document requirements for prescribed solutions, but rather is deeply involved in and influential in determining the best overall solutions to business problems
- Actively participate in and oversee project from requirements gathering to development, testing, training, implementation and stabilization
- Communicates software requirements to software developers using functional specifications, flow charts, concept diagrams, context diagrams and process diagrams; and regularly meets with the stakeholders to review and validate the business and functional requirements
- Excellent communication and writing skills. Experience interacting with internal customers, gathering, and validating requirements, and communicating project progress to senior management
- Leverage agile and other processes (scrum); participate in sprint planning, sprint Reviews, scrum meetings, developing user stories and prioritizing backlog
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a related field and three or more years of experience as a Business Process Analyst working with computerized management systems to include, but not limited to, product life cycle systems. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have experience working with internal stakeholders to document and gather requirements and create user stories,
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to use independent judgment in developing solutions to a variety of non-routine problems; (2) good verbal and written communications and presentations skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences; (3) good interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties; (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; and, (5) good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- US Citizenship Required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No