Veritude is seeking a Business Analyst for Fidelity Investments. This role will be based in Boston, MA.
Customer Solutions Business Analyst
As a Business Analyst in the Emerging Businesses Tribe, you will work within the WI Agile framework as a member of the Customer Solutions Discipline to provide business support, ensuring compliance with agreed upon Discipline level guardrails and best practices. You will be a key member of the Emerging Businesses Tribe working closely with a team of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary, and dedicated squad members responsible for delivering specific business goals.
- Navigate organizational channels to gather data, insights and feedback necessary to influence and inform key Product decisions
- Assist Squad leader in developing and evolving the Product vision based on detailed analysis of numerous market indicators and stakeholder feedback
- Partner with Squad Leader to develop product Vision, value proposition and Go-to-Market strategies
- Provide analytical support to assess market opportunity and potential sales targets for new or emerging product offerings
- Build relationships with key business partners across Sales, Legal, Compliance, Finance and others.
- Navigate organizational channels to gather and synthesis data, insights and feedback necessary to influence and inform key Product decisions
- Partner with Squad leadership to maintain a backlog of opportunities according to business value or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Provide elaboration on themes and features in order to define description and acceptance criteria throughout the process of story backlog refinement.
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings, demos and retrospectives.
- Inspect the progress at the end of sprints with the authority to accept or reject work done.
- Mitigate impediments that may impact successful team completion of release/sprint goals.
- Communicate externally with stakeholders to ensure teams are building the right solutions to meet customer needs, communication status and buffers team from potential distractions
- Data-driven mindset to frame market opportunities and influence pricing strategies
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand complex customer needs and translate them in stories with actionable acceptance criteria
- Excellent consultative, listening, communication and analytical skills
- Customer obsessed and have demonstrated commitment to delivering frequent, high business value features
- Ability to identify opportunities for innovation and taking thoughtful risks to get the work done better and faster
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers
- Experience with Fidelity 401k offerings, market segments and other fiduciary needs
- Experience with complex, cross-organizational efforts
- Expertise in various business analysis methodologies, including data analysis, uses case development, story writing, and user acceptance testing and product / process documentation.
- Able to partner with appropriate groups to ensure organizational readiness and documentation for on-going support are done for each release
- Able to translate business vision into defined and prioritized stories for the team backlog
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with Jira or similar Agile backlog management tool preferred, but not required
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint