Agile Business Analyst
The Agile Business Analyst is part of a scrum team with primary responsibility is to ensure business needs and user stories are accurately captured and executed by the development team using agile methodology. This role will be suitable for someone who has come from a background of business analysis and agile software development.
· You’ll be working closely with a highly knowledgeable data and analytics team, helping them analyse the needs of our clients and translating those needs into user stories and requirements for the development team to realise. You will combine your expertise in data engineering with subject matter expertise of the development team to create the best possible solution.
· You’ll be adept at identifying edge-cases, error conditions, dependencies and impacts to other areas of the by developing a deep understanding of the current functionality that exists, you’ll anticipate positive and negative impacts to other areas of the organisation.
· Your attention to detail will be off the scale and your ability to negotiate and clarity of thought will be second to none. You will have a high level of emotional intelligence and be able to negotiate at the highest level with people both face to face and remote.
· You will have a track record of data analysis and engineering, you will be able to understand the real need of the stakeholders based on your analysis of quantitative and qualitative information and work with the product owner to translate these into deliverable, realistic features and improvements.
· You’ll employ a consultative approach with customers to inform our strategy and tactics, and whilst you understand the value of instinct, you’ll have sound thinking and data to back it up. Your communication methods need be second to none.
· Experience as Business Analyst or Scrum Master for at least 1 year.
· Experience in the Property & Casualty Insurance domain is preferred.
· Ability to understand complex technical concepts and present them in simple terms to nontechnical team members and clients.
· Knowledge of big-data management and engineering landscape preferred
· Experience in Agile Software Development Methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
· Ability to write user stories and creating workflow processes within JIRA
· Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
· High Level understanding of the technical data management architecture is necessary.
· Experience in operating in a Global Delivery Model environment with delivery teams spread across the globe and working in multiple time-zones
· Excellent Communication skills and ability to handle conflicting priorities amongst the stakeholders.
· Agile certification preferred.