KEY OBJECTIVE: Senior Business Analyst in the Workers Compensation Premium Applications group with ability to lead all phases of the system development life using appropriate methodologies, including Agile scrum and scrumban as appropriate.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· The WCPA BA will be the primary IT owner of the Workers Compensation Insurity PD policy admin system for the CI team and will work closely with the SCI IT team, the CI and SCI business units, and the vendor to manage issues, create solutions, and ensure policy information and premium is handled properly through the flow downstream. The WCPA BA will lead a team of on/near/and offshore staff supporting the feed from Insurity to the hub database (WCIF). The WCPA BA own the reconciliation of balance and control reports, will create manage key performance metrics, and will report key performance metrics to senior leadership.
· The WCPA BA will serve as a liaison between the business community and the WCPA IT organization in order to gather business requirements and translate them to the technical community to meet user needs. The BA will assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology; translate high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization; and manage changes to such specifications in accordance with CHUBB and/or industry standards and processes. The BA will educate the IT organization on the direction of the business and negotiate agreements and commitments between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
· The WCPA BA is expected to own projects and take the lead in guiding business partners to thorough requirements and test case development, evaluating technical design for completeness, owning issue resolution, and leading acceptance testing. The BA will influence business customers on appropriate problem definition to allow for solution options (as opposed to definition of solution) and leverage a variety of business process documentation techniques such as process modeling and use cases.
· The WCPA BA must ensure that the system is specified to the satisfaction of both the business and technical communities and to that point must demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between CHUBB applications and flow of data between the Knowledge of the insurance industry and workers compensation is a plus. The ability to expose requirements through detail questions and propose alternate solutions options is critical.
· Critical Skills
o Adaptability- Agility. Responds well to change. Handles multiple demands / priorities effectively. Adapts to best fit with situation at hand. Handles conflict effectively. Collaborates. Develops new skills quickly. Willing to accept new responsibilities. Takes initiative & accountability.
o IT Methodologies. Good organizational skills. Has experience managing projects and staff. Advanced technical skills or specialized knowledge . Analyzes tasks, dependencies, and resource needs. Manages budgets and performs financial activities effectively. Understands system development life cycle (SDLC); uses project methodologies.
o Business Knowledge. Learning Orientation. Solves problems. Understands fundamentals of insurance, IT best practices, and technology. Understands business processes and process improvement. Connects business problems to technical solutions. Validates that solutions achieve desired business result.
o Deliverables Management. Matches business requirements to deliverables. Understands & meets deadlines. Holds others accountable. Proactive identification and management of risk. Manages multiple work streams. Works effectively across multiple groups (both internal and external). Has experience managing scope and change control.
o Communication. Communicates effectively both written and oral. Responds to customers appropriately, timely, and accurately. Manages relationships effectively. Influences others. Transfers knowledge to others. Has experience working with multi-vendor projects and related communications challenges.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
· Typically has 3 to 7 years of relevant technical or business work experience. Ability to negotiate specs. Illustrates clear understanding of business process disciplines. Insurance and PMO knowledge/experience ideal
· Preferred candidates would have Agile experience and certification (SAFe or Scrum Masater)