At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Business Banking, we provide comprehensive depository, cash management, and lending services to businesses throughout our communities. While our clients are diverse, we are focused on meeting the needs of professional service firms (doctors, lawyers, accountants, investment managers and consultants of all kinds) as well as those in the following industries: Private Equity, Venture Capital, Technology, Wineries, Aviation and Marine, and Non Profit Organizations. As a Business Banking team member at First Republic, you will work directly with clients to identify their banking needs and financial goals in order to deliver tailored solutions for their businesses as well as their personal banking and wealth management needs.
Common goals, uncommon potential
We are seeking a Business Banker to add to our growing startup banking team, with a general focus on servicing early stage companies (candidate must understand however all stages of startup growth cycles). Business Bankers are responsible for developing client relationships and maintaining existing relationships to enable retention and drive high client Net Promoter Scores. In addition, Business Bankers will collaborate with other members of the Bank to add value to clients including cash management, investment management and private banking services for individuals. The successful candidate must be highly self-motivated, entrepreneurial and passionate about growing a business in a team environment that is all about providing exceptional client service.
What you’ll do as a Business Banker:
- Develop, maintain, and enhance existing client relationships.
- Market other commercial banking services including deposits (cash management, on-line banking, and foreign-exchange) and Wealth Management referrals.
- Develop strategies and execute on relationship management and business development within the startup banking sector – should have strong technical knowledge of early to late stage tech companies.
- Strong technical knowledge of startup/venture capital industry and market participants.
- Focus on building community with FRB startup client base
- Generate leads and grow the business through active networking and client referrals.
- Participation in key industry events, summits, either hosted by FRB or external.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, industry background of at least 5-7 years within Venture Capital market and preferably with strong experience with banking and credit products.
- Language, oral communication, customer contact, ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.