The Market Manager manages a relationship management team that is responsible for expanding and retaining a Business Banking portfolio, generating revenue from new and existing clients, and delivering service that will delight our clients. The team will consist of a group of relationship managers, business development officers, support associates, and matrixed treasury and credit partners. The Market Manager will coach and develop their team, create and implement strategies, processes and plans that enable the team to help clients meet their business goals while achieving the banks goals. The Market Manager will manage the team's pipeline of deals and facilitate hand-offs between members of the client team. The Market Manager will build and leverage internal and external partnerships, such as with centers of influence, to enhance the results of the team. The Market Manager is an integral member of the regional leadership team and will develop strong relationships with the Regional Executive, Market Executives, other Market Managers, and key product and support partners. The Market Manager is accountable for the overall performance of their team, selecting new team members, arranging appropriate training, managing performance, ensuring operational excellence and identifying and addressing obstacles to ensure the team's success. This division supports clients in the $5 million to $50 million in annual sales range.
- Must have minimum of 5 years of commercial banking experience serving businesses with greater than $5mm in annual revenues and 10 years in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience in managing and leading sales teams required.
- Strong business development skills.
- A thorough understanding of cash flow analysis and the impact of business and economic cycles on industry segments required.
- Proven credit and treasury analysis ability with in-depth knowledge of credit and Treasury Management products, risk assessment, structuring and pricing are a must.
- Knowledge of sales force automation and how to leverage the technology in the sales effort is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance or economics required and advanced degree strongly preferred
Posting Date: 02/28/2019
San Diego, CA, 701 B ST (CA0816),
- United States
Travel: Yes, 20% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift