Business Banking Regional Operations Manager - (19000314)
Banc of California, Inc. (NYSE: BANC) is a bank holding company with approximately $9 billion in assets and one wholly-owned banking subsidiary, Banc of California, N.A. (the “Bank”). With our 700+ dedicated professionals, we provide customized and innovative banking and lending solutions to businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals throughout California. We proudly partner with community organizations that provide financial literacy, job training, small business support, and affordable housing to help improve the communities where we live and work. With a commitment to service and building enduring relationships, we provide a higher standard of banking.
Responsible for the soundness of Business Banking operations by working to mitigate unnecessary financial and reputational risk. Provide leadership and support in the areas of customer service, new account onboarding, BSA due diligence, policy and procedure administration, audit, and compliance to manage operational risk. Must establish strong partnerships with Bank leaders and peers; collaborate to create more efficient and streamlined solutions. Under the guidance of the VP this position will also work jointly on special projects in support of strategic initiatives. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform ongoing risk management reviews, document self-identified issues, remediate audit findings, and provide ongoing training to manage financial and reputational risk.
- Must consistently apply superior decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals and requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development; confer with internal Legal and Compliance as necessary.
- Support on-boarding initiatives within the various Banking groups. This will include keeping up to date on new account process changes, business unit requests, and questions relating to on-boarding of new accounts.
- Compile reports for Executive Management as needed.
- Participate in Manager Meetings as liaison and subject matter expert in all areas of Bank operations and risk management.
- Approve wire transfers, deposits, withdrawals, foreign items and check hold waivers up to designated limits.
- Coordinate with Management regarding responses for independent third party and regulatory audits of the department; ensures deficiencies identified from such audits are corrected.
- May assist the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Officer with required training presentations and exercises with all Bank personnel, including material presented to employees during the new hire orientation process.
- Responsible for special projects including, but not limited to, training, treasury management services, new product implementation, and software testing.
- Assumes responsibility for various job duties in the absence of staff members or in overload situations.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Banc of California is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Customer Information Program (CIP), Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA, state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).
- Advanced knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, Bank operational policies and procedures, and the Bank’s products and services.
- Ability to effectively train and instruct others in a formal classroom or one-on-one environment.
- Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in progressively responsible branch management and supervisory activities, and all lending activities and terminology.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet and specialty software programs.
- Advanced math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to cross-sell and explain all Company products and services with confidence and authority.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- High School Diploma and a minimum of 5 years’ related work experience and/or training. Work related experience should consist of an in-depth background in Bank Secrecy Act compliance and supervisory skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
Primary Location: United States-CALIFORNIA-SANTA ANA
3 MacArthur Place
Santa Ana 92707
Organization: Community Banking
Job Posting: Nov 27, 2019, 6:28:41 PM