Job Posting #3053
Position: Business Continuity Planner
Number of openings: 2
Industry: Insurance/Financial Services/Real Estate
Location: Jacksonville, FL (local candidates)
Reports to: Head of Business Continuity Management
Status: Full-time/Permanent (onsite)
Travel: 10-20% domestic travel
Salary: Will depend on experience. Competitive total compensation.
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Seeking candidates with 3-5+ years in business continuity planning and/or risk & controls expertise.
The Business Continuity Office is seeking a Business Continuity Planner to join the team. The candidate will be responsible for review, audit and testing of existing recovery plans as well as Business Impact Analysis, Plan Strategy development and training and awareness activities with Plan Owners.
- Maintenance and testing of existing Business Continuity plans, including reporting and remediation plans.
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of new recovery plans and programs for additional/new business units in alignment to Business Continuity requirements.
- Collaborate with the Business Continuity team to develop Program Methodology with a focus on continuous process improvement and compliance with emerging regulatory requirements.
- Training and Awareness development of plan owners and business management.
- Identify evolving best practices, technologies and resources to meet changing demands of the company and client base.
- Ensure effective partnership with enterprise divisions and corporate functions, providing guidance, resources and tools.
- Actively participate in Crisis/Incident Management activities in event of business interruption or disaster.
- Experience performing Business Impact Analysis and Risk Assessments.
- Experience in developing and documenting Business Recovery strategies and plans (Crisis Management Plans, Department Workbooks and Emergency Response Plans).
- Experience conducting Tabletop, Plan Walkthrough and Remote Recovery exercises.
- Experience with Incident and Crisis Management.
- Experience collaborating with departments and teams within multiple Lines of Business.
- Knowledge of methodologies for design, implementation and exercise reporting of Business Continuity programs.
- Ability to interact with senior-level business leadership and IT support staff.
- Desire and ability to learn and understand the business processes and technologies in use.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency managing multiple projects of varying scope and priority with tight deadlines.
- Competency in use of MS Office suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- CBCP Certification or higher from DRII (Disaster Recovery Institute).
- Ability to travel an estimated 10%-20%.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 3 + years proven Business Continuity experience, including Business Impact Analysis, Plan Development, Tabletop and Remote Recovery testing, as well as maintenance of recovery plans for business units.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
***Apply to this job below***
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management at email@example.com or +1 562-260-6791.