Works under the direction of more senior staff to maintain the organization-wide business continuity program. Develops and maintains crisis management procedures, business continuity scenarios, and contingency plans for key IT services and business functions. Performs updates to information supporting the business continuity function, and works closely with business units and various levels of management to ensure effective and accurate information. Provides analysis on business continuity projects and consults on readiness exercises and effectiveness of plans and components. Maintains a central repository of business continuity information. Responsible for maintaining offsite contingency equipment and facilities.
- Maintains and administers software used to support business continuity activities. Maintains a central repository of business continuity information, including risk assessments business area recovery plans, emergency response procedures, and contact information. Develops processes and procedures to ensure information is accurate and accessible.
- Assists each critical functional area of the organization with development and maintenance of a business resumption plan. Provides analytical support in evaluating and recommending business continuity strategies and solutions for business units.
- Coordinates, Schedules and facilitates regular testing of all technical components of the business continuity plans, summarizes results, and tracks follow-up items. Monitors inventory.
- Assists in facilitating and developing business continuity awareness training and crisis management exercises throughout the District.
- Coordinates/performs various administrative activities.
- Under supervision of more senior staff, researches and develops responses to information requests from management, business units, System entities, and outside organizations regarding business continuity and best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent experience; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Two to five years preferred
Knowledge Area/Technical Skills/Certifications and Licenses:
- Business Continuity Practices experience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Project Management Skills
- Strong analytical and computing skills
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Problem Solving
- Communicates Effectively
T h is is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments).