Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Business Cost Analyst
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
This position will primarily interface with program functional support and operations areas to include accounting, contracts, procurement pricing, information systems, base support, and test operations for the AUTEC Project.
- Assist Project Leads/Technical Instruction Managers (TIMs) with forecasting and budgeting of for assigned projects/work orders on the AUTEC program.
- Analyze and track expenditures to the budgets and provide sufficient reports to the Project Leads on status of each project/ Technical Instruction (TI), Administrative Technical Instruction (ATI) and Cost Accumulation Number (CAN) Reporting to the Cost Control Manager.
- Will work closely with the Divisional Manager and Project Leads on releasing and managing. project/Technical Instructions (TIs), Administrative Technical Instructions (ATIs) and Cost Accumulation (CANs) funding status.
- Track and produce bi-weekly Limitation of Funds (LoF) notifications for the Government Customer by ensuring timely and accurate forecasts to determine funding needs.
- Analyze, costs/expenses, and maintain estimate-at-complete (EAC) at the project level. Prepares expenditure tracking reports for Project Leads/TIMs, Business Operations and Contracts Manager.
- Analyze, document, and provide a bi-weekly Limitation of Funds (LoF) notification for Contracts Manager for transmission to the Government Customer.
- Respond to Government Customer request to de-obligate funds initially placed on TI’s. Maintain/update the de-obligation data spreadsheet and provide monthly summary of data for metric generation.
- Analyze costs expenses to determine if the TI funding can be partially or fully de-obligated.
- Calculate, monitor, and audit direct and indirect project costs focusing on Estimate at Complete (EAC) and fuming status for each project/work order.
- Operate, maintain, and make recommendations on all aspects of financial modeling.
- Provide support to the Accounts Payable focal point in analyzing funding obligations and/or charging requirements for vendor requirements.
- Responsible to partner with varying levels of functional management on regular and ad-hoc reporting, metrics and analysis.
- Plans and prepares complex studies to determine cost of business activities.
- Assist in the preparation of pricing budgets and budget narratives.
- Occasional travel to a remote island with limited medical facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field required.
- Three or more years progressively responsible related financial experience.
- Advanced command of Microsoft Office Suite to include Access relational databases, Excel VLookups, pivot tables, and macros.
- Knowledge of VBA and SQL a plus.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and ability to identify and improve processes.
- Experience with Deltek Time & Expense, IBM MAXIMO, Cognos BI, and/or Costpoint a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Professional conduct in written and verbal communication.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Planning and organizing skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently or as a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License and passport will be required.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to travel to and/or reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.