This position within the Wireline Engineering Transport Equipment Engineering Team will be responsible for collecting, tracking and analyzing network project and program level data from multiple sources and IT systems. Position is a 12 month term with the ability to extend to full term.
* Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
* Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and preserve the data integrity of these sources.
* Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
* Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
* Locate and define new process improvement opportunities garnered from the data analysis.
* Summarize, group and visualize data sets and information for management and executive review.
* Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
* Technical expertise regarding data models, data mining and segmentation techniques.
* Knowledge of and experience with reporting packages Oracle OBIEE 12g, SQL, Tableau.
* Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical software for analyzing datasets.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
* Intermediate SQL skills for use in data analysis, issues research, and data quality assurance.
* Team player with experience working with business users; will report to a Sr. Manager or Associate Director.
BA/BS degree with a concentration in MIS, IT, Project Management, or equivalent work experience.