Business Deposit Officer
The Business Deposit Officer will be accountable for developing new profitable business from prospective clients through the acquisition of deposits and additional treasury management services in the markets they serve. Working closely with our sales functions and treasury operations in all activities related to treasury management services and offerings.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold SmartBank Core Values & Core Purpose
- Adheres to and embraces the SmartBank Way by Acting Smart, Looking Smart and Being Smart.
- Responsible for managing a growing portfolio of deposits and treasury management services by understanding the client's business environments, strategies and industry to provide the profitable solutions.
- Monitors personal monthly sales efforts, ensuring sales targets and results are achieved.
- Manages sales duties for the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Services (CDARs) and Insured Cash Sweeps (ICS).
- Collaborates with Relationship Managers, Market Executives, Regional Presidents, Market Leaders and other bank personnel on the recruitment of deposits accounts when lending relationships are developed.
- Assists with the launch and delivery of specific promotions and pricing strategies for various deposit and treasury management products to drive both sales and profitability.
- Analyze potential of markets and develop referral networks in order to locate prospects for deposits and additional treasury management services.
- Adheres to all policies of Bank and ensures confidential treatment of all Bank and client data.
- Initiates outbound sales calls and represents SmartBank in the community to expand and recruit banking relationships with individuals, business person(s), civic organizations, service clubs and other community organizations with banking needs.
- Complies with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or finance preferred.
- Prior experience in a treasury or business development position where deposit acquisition was a top priority required.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Extensive knowledge of all financial institution policies and procedures.
- Proficient level of computer competency including Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook), typing proficient.
- Knowledge of basic banking accounting.
- Knowledge of error resolutions.
- Ability to apply knowledge and sound judgment in decision-making using established guidelines.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to function in a team environment.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- High level of integrity.
- Able to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Willing to accept new ideas and methods and be agreeable to change.
- Able to routinely stand, sit, bend, and stoop.
- Regularly required movements of wrists, hands, fingers.
- Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare/inspect documentation.
- Physical requirement needed to operate computer, copier, mailer, and encoder.
- May be required to travel for workshops and seminars to adhere to federal regulations.
- Must have flexibility in schedule to assist front line staff when needed and work extra time to complete project deadlines.