GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Executive Vice President of Strategy and Market Development (EVP), the Business Development Analyst will
- Assist in the identification and evaluation of new areas of potential profitable corporate growth (predominantly M and A, but also organic growth, partnerships, etc.).
- Conduct research on markets, sales channels, competitors, products and potential customer and acquisition targets.
- Analyze the financial and other available business information of target companies with a view toward their tactical and strategic fit into the company's portfolio.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of financial and qualitative analyses enabling senior management level to make informed investment decisions.
- Help coordinate the transaction process from origination through to closing and work closely with others involved to effectuate a smooth transition and integration.
- Understand and stay current with the competitive landscape.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, including tracking and reporting on group activity, managing, directing and evaluating inbound investment opportunities, etc.
- Support the analysis process and assessment with regard to mergers and acquisitions, industry and competitive activities within the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other quantitative emphasis required
- 2+ year’s relevant work experience, preferably with mergers and acquisition experience
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to periodically travel as needed
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and to interface with Executive leadership
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a directly related field
- 2+ years with M&A analysis in a corporate environment that has had recent, meaningful acquisition activity
- Significant experience creating financial models, including merger modeling
- Experience developing and delivering presentations, including developing executive-level presentation materials
- Strong understanding of financial statements and corporate finance
- In-depth understanding of valuation methodologies
- Comfortable and successful in dealing with senior level executives both internally and externally
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to perform requisite analysis with minimal support