Summary (Scope of Job)
The Business Development Assistant, Puerto Rico is a new position whose primary responsibilities will be to assist in the development of the business development opportunities in Puerto Rico. The Business Development Assistant will be responsible for identifying, planning and establishing activities related to customer acquisition targets and revenue growth objectives in Puerto Rico and achieve personal revenue targets.
II. Major Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of a Puerto Rico sales strategy
- Develop new business opportunities through lead generation, qualifying or disqualifying opportunities, the ability to learn to develop and manage the sales process to successful closure.
- The ability to source new leads through inbound lead follow up, industry websites, trade shows, industry relationships and management suggestions.
- Research and understand customer needs and requirements, identify key players, generate interest and assist in closing sales and achieving quarterly and annual targets.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of opportunities through leveraging industry contacts, tracking proposal results, providing timely ideas and other support to ensure consistent progress towards achieving business development goals.
- Gather intelligence data using internal and external data sources on prospective clients, targets and market trends via knowledge of industry trends and its potential impact on Cotton International.
- The ability to learn the steps required to close a deal, including techniques used by other colleagues to leverage the close of the sale and when to apply them in the sales cycle.
- Travel regularly to establish client relationships and assist in closing sale, including attending in-person meetings and attending relevant industry events.
- Complete CRM discipline to maintain accurate forecasting and ensure visibility across business line.
- Perform other duties as assigned
III Background Requirements:
College degree preferred
Current resident of Puerto Rico
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ sales experience in one of the following industries: Insurance, Hospitality, Pharmaceutical or Manufacturing industry
- Networking experience within business and professional organizations preferred
- Experience utilizing social media in sales a plus*
V Knowledge and Skills:
- Significant degree of self-motivation, integrity and collaboration skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly and present to clients.
- Proven success working with senior level management.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Good driving record (for insurability purposes to drive a company vehicle and as a representative of the company)
- Work a schedule which may require late evenings to attend business and networking functions
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested.