The primary goal of the business development associate is the active pursuit and follow through of direct sales and marketing activities for the entire portfolio of MEM products and services. This includes planning and carrying out direct marketing and sales activities to identify new opportunities through various channels while demonstrating exceptional follow through and a high closure rate. The ideal candidate must work with a high degree of autonomy and must provide a high level of customer service while utilizing consultative selling and collaborative teamwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
* Represents HSS' full line of products and services to a broad span of customers in the healthcare space.
* Using a consultative approach, generates and follows up on sales leads through "warm" and "cold" target lists and databases to systematically target potential customers and expand offerings to existing customers.
* Qualifies potential new customers to ensure a high close rate.
* Creates and delivers sales quotations, proposals and presentations.
* Resolves customer issues utilizing internal resources when necessary.
* Contribute to marketing/sales efforts, cultivating new business, support and attend regional/national tradeshows.
* Provides competitive information to management
* Contributes to the flow of information between corporate and department and liaises in the decision-making process lending specific field expertise to these committees.
* Maintains direct customer contact through meetings, phone calls, and emails in order to foster excellent customer relations.
* Creates monthly reports as needed.
* Provides motivational and organizational guidance and support to the defined area by participating in meetings, providing updates, scheduling work-related activities, and organizing daily operations.
* Prepare customer presentations and sales proposals.
* Develop existing and new customers through planned account support, and liaison with internal business leaders and staff.
* Conducts market research and participates in competitor and customer surveys.
* Participate in marketing activities of telemarketing and research as needed.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Stays abreast of changes in medical equipment technology, attends training as needed or requested.
* Attends committee, department and corporate meetings.
* Creates reports as needed.
* Manages the external marketing activities of telemarketing and research as needed.
* Associates degree plus 6 months sales or related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Prefer healthcare sales experience to include a general knowledge of healthcare regulations pertaining to equipment, industry standards, codes and procedures regarding safety and HIPAA.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization and with clients and prospects.
* Excellent presentation skills and professional presence.
* Demonstrates reliability
* Self-driven, results-oriented with proven ability to set and achieve sales targets.
* Proficiency with computing platforms to include: Microsoft Office Suite, NetSuite, TMA, and an ability to learn and manage new software and data management systems with minimal supervision
* Reliable, tolerant, and determined
* Ability to learn new offerings and sell to existing and potential customers.
* Ability to perform general arithmetic
* Ability to make complex decisions within short amount of time
* Ability to perform with high degree of independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
* Advanced organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to obtain and maintain a driver's license and meet HSS' driving requirements in order to drive a vehicle for business purposes
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, individual will be required to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time; will wear personal protective equipment while working in a health care or medical environment. The individual will use standard office equipment such as computers, printer/copiers, telephones and fax machines in a typical office setting and will use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The ability to lift 45lbs without assistance, work in confined spaces, and at heights is required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Will use normal range of hearing and speaking. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis and formulation. Individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, electrical equipment, bodily fluids, pathogens, loud noise, fumes/odors, toxic or flammable chemicals and materials, and other conditions commonly found in medical environments. Individual will be required to physically climb, bend, crouch, squat, crawl, kneel, balance, reach, and twist to accomplish duties. Able to drive a vehicle.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled