LifeScan was founded in 1981 to provide solutions for people with Diabetes, focusing on the design and manufacture of test strips and electronic meters for blood glucose testing. Following the launch of the Onetouch brand in 1987, LifeScan has expanded to over 90 countries, serving over 20 Million patients worldwide and is the market leader. The business employs around 2,400 people worldwide with hubs in Wayne, PA (USA), Inverness UK and Zug Switzerland.
LifeScan is recruiting for a Business Development Deal Lead who will be reporting to the Senior Manager, New Product Development & Strategic Planning Analytics for LifeScan. The Business Development Deal Analyst will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and making recommendations about new BD growth opportunities. The focus will be on BGM-adjacent markets, products, services, and solutions, which will be explored using market data, market research insights, secondary data analysis and robust financial modeling of various Business Development scenarios. This position will be located in Wayne, PA (LifeScan US Headquarters).
- Assist senior leadership with the development of strategic growth plans through deep understanding and mapping of technological and healthcare market trends
- Prepare and present recommendations about future courses of action necessary in improving the Company's competitive position in the market
- Assess the viability of an external product or service by testing and challenging the value proposition through insights and analytics on the product/program
- Identify, qualify and develop new business opportunities; play key role in the submission of winning opportunity pitches through primary business development functions, including but not limited to opportunity assessment, vetting with SME's, gap analysis, Market Research, and competitive analysis; positioning and driving new strategic opportunities and securing those opportunities through leadership alignment.
- Selectively and effectively engaging internal and external resources for more comprehensive BD assessments and financial forecasts
- Maintain a repository of accurate and timely opportunity financial forecasts, and assist with resource planning for the opportunities pipeline in partnership with BD finance lead
- Perform other duties as required