CEVA Logistics, one of the world’s leading non-asset based supply-chain management companies, designs and implements industry leading solutions for large and medium-size national and multinational companies. Approximately 40,000 employees in more than 160 countries are dedicated to delivering effective and robust supply-chain solutions across a variety of sectors where CEVA applies its operational expertise to provide best-in-class services across its integrated network.
CEVA offers competitive incentive packages, exceptional benefits and an exceptional culture for career building. Start your career with CEVA and build on our Foundations: Unity, Growth and Excellence. CEVA people are passionate about supply chain management.
CEVA Logistics is currently hiring a Business Development Director – Ground Transport. The Business Development Director – Ground Transport is accountable to development and implement a sales strategy focused on developing and securing incremental revenue and market share from existing customers and new business to achieve profitable volume growth consistent with marketing plan initiatives; and improving business development processes.
In this role, the Business Development Director – Ground Transport will:
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the business development efforts for ground transport services within North America
- Collaborate closely with regional field sales, sales leadership, solutions, and pricing to identify, pursue, solution, price, win, and implement new and additional ground transport services business
- Train, mentor and support regional field sales team regarding ground transport services portfolio and strategy
Summary of Key Accountabilities:
- Manage, direct and coordinate regional and global efforts for centralized RFP and RFI responses
- Ensure tactical alignment with business unit strategies and provide feedback and input by participation in strategy development business development
- Develop, identify and qualify new business development opportunities through various lead sources including sales team members and relationship managers
- Develop a target account list and work proactively to assist the sales organization to develop and secure customers regionally and globally
- Provide direction and assistance with responses to Requests for Proposals (RFP’s), preparing presentations and monitoring sales leads and responses.
- Develop and implement sales plans and sales campaigns to take advantage of market opportunities (competitive developments and/or consolidation yield advantages).
- Own and manage the regional ground transport services sales pipeline
- Oversight and support of implementing awarded business within assign region/s
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly management reports
- Build strategic relationships with key contacts within customer organizations to understand opportunities for creating value.
- Capitalize on value creation opportunities by working closely with the sales and operations management team to develop creative workable solutions to customer needs.
- Facilitate cross-selling opportunities to increase revenue and leverage relationships in order to better penetrate the market.
- Leverage the company's global reach to influence decisions on projects for customer deliveries in both domestic and international locations.
- Support regular meetings with clients and relevant operations staff to evaluate performance and receive updates from clients on challenges and future plans.
- Work with customer service teams to understand and develop solutions to client business issues.
- Partner with the business units/functions, sales, operations and management to develop implementation project plans.
- Work with implementation teams on new projects to ensure customer expectations are communicated.
- Work corroboratively with the operational staff at multiple sites and locations to ensure customers' needs and expectations are met.
- Provide marketing support and knowledge within the company for all products and services.
- Continually improve knowledge of the company’s products and services, and follow the changes in industry to develop new products.
- Oversee and manage the professional development and productivity of staff members to ensure proper goals, training, professional development and project requirements are met.
Education and Experience:
- High School Degree or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Transportation, Supply Chain Management or related field of study preferred; or combination of work experience and completion of the LDP Program
- Minimum seven to ten years related sales experience
- Minimum five years industry experience preferred
- Minimum five years supervisory or managerial experience required
Additional Skills and Experience that Contribute to Success:
- Demonstrated sales success and knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques
- Demonstrated success in developing sales plans, analyzing profitability of prospects, and the ability to understand the competitive influences and risks associated with individual accounts
- Proven “business-to-business” sales experience in the transportation, logistics, or supply chain management industry
- Demonstrated understanding of North American ground transportation modes (LTL, FTL, and parcel), industry, and distribution strategies (Build to stock/order, consolidation, merge in-transit, pool distribution, etc.)
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM systems
CEVA operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
CEVA Logistics is proud to be an equal opportunity work place and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.