CNA has an opening at its headquarters in Arlington, Virginia for a Business Development Lead.
The Business Development Lead will leverage business development expertise and leadership, domain experience/insights, and peer and professional networks to increase CNA's enterprise systems and services programs business base with a focus on systems modernizations, systems acquisitions and data management and analysis programs within Federal, state and local markets.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- 1 Provide domain knowledge, technical expertise and business development leadership to expand business opportunities and business base related to CNA enterprise systems and services capabilities (e.g., systems modernizations, data management and analysis, and systems acquisitions).
- 2 Identify, assess and qualify opportunities within the identified domain area in the Federal Civil market as well as state and local agencies resulting in robust multi-year opportunity pipelines.
- 3 Develop and implement strategic and detailed marketing and capture plans that create opportunities and enhance pWin for targeted prospects.
- 4 Enhance perception of CNA capabilities within prospect organizations by defining and discussing with key decision makers CNA’s core and differentiating capabilities and their associated value and benefits.
- 5 In partnership with marketing and communications, execute and/or attend events (trade organizations, conferences) and other outreach campaigns in order to identify and engage targets, and build the CNA brand in the marketplace.
- 6 Provide strategic support to specific proposal efforts to include defining value propositions, integrating domain insights and other support designed to increase scoring potential.
- 7 Develop, nurture and maintain professional contacts with influential government technical program leaders, decision-makers and contract administrators. Established contacts within government programs at the C-level preferred (CTO, CIO, etc.).
- 8 In partnership with CNA Sr. Leadership, develop detailed business expansion plans focused on new/evolving service offerings to address emerging client needs within the identified domain areas.
- 9 Provide subject matter expertise for specific delivery efforts within the domain to demonstrate CNA thought leadership within relevant service areas.
- 10 Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 1 Education: Bachelor’s degree in related discipline is required. Master’s or higher degree preferred.
- 2 Experience: At least 15 years’ experience in progressively responsible positions related to systems engineering management and operations programs, including specific experience in systems acquisitions and modernizations, data management and analysis, and systems operations. At least 10 years experience providing business development leadership for technology related programs/services.
- 3 Skills: Strong networking skills and domain expertise; demonstrated project management skills; ability to strategically influence sponsors/clients and other relevant external and internal individuals; proficiency in Microsoft Office; and excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- 4 Other: Ability to obtain and maintain Security Clearance
WHO WE ARE
CNA has been committed to changing people’s lives through our advanced analytical research since 1942, when the U.S. Navy needed our help against German submarine warfare during WWII. CNA is an objective research and analysis organization. We run the Navy’s Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) and the Institute for Public Research (IPR). We’ve done research for the Navy, the Marine Corps, and the Department of Defense for over 70 years, and, about 20 years ago, we started a domestic research line—IPR. Under IPR, we work on projects for the Department of Education, the Department of Justice, the Federal Aviation Administration, and a long list of other agencies and foundations. CNA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to diversity in the workplace. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.