Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
As we continue to grow our global footprint, Oceaneering Survey Services, C-Nav division, is looking to recruit a salesperson based in Houston, Texas. The purpose of this position is to maintain and expand existing customer base whilst developing accounts with new companies promoting the C-Nav product line as a primary responsibility however sometimes being called to provide sales support for other disciplines within our specific business unit.
This candidate is required to assist our current and prospective customers with ideal solutions for their positioning needs covering business sectors ranging from but not limited to offshore oil and gas, dredging, telecommunication, civil engineering, offshore renewables, and government entities. It will be necessary to educate our customers about the advantages of Oceaneering Internationals precise point positioning correction technology, technical hardware, and associated software through demonstrations and presentations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Positions Oceaneering as the supplier of choice over our competitors.
- Identifies potential customers early in the sales cycle and presents innovative solutions to challenges and develops competitive advantages.
- Takes a leading role in the pre-proposal clarification process, ensures that customer specifications and other documents are well-understood.
- Provides clear and precise intelligence to the Oceaneering Commercial/Tendering Support team and prepares bids by giving a direction of customer specific technical needs and expectations.
- Assists in formulation, documentation, and intelligence of sales and bidding strategies, including thedetermination of target price points.
- Gathers intelligence on competitors’ assets, strategies and creates a value proposition biased toward Oceaneering products and services.
- Maintains lasting customer relationships with key decision makers to gain intelligence en-route to securing profitable/strategic sales wins.
- Ensures that any opportunities or intelligence gained from customers that may have a specific interest in other Oceaneering business unit’s products or services are swiftly passed over.
- Keeps the senior management team informed ofcustomer changes, market intelligence, and emerging markets opportunities.
- Records and reports all meetings and opportunities into Oceaneering's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Assists in the creation of marketing content.
- Creates, presents and market whitepapers at technical conferences or exhibitions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to travel extensively throughout North America.
- Overnight stays for business travel is a requirement and will be of varying lengths from time to time.
- 5+ years experience within a similar role supporting surface position, dynamic positioning, GNSS/survey equipment sales/projects, or drillship support products
- 5+ years of MS Office Suite usage including Word, Excel
- An Associates or Bachelors Degree in a related field
- Business Development or related experience in the positioning industry or specifically GNSS Correction Services.
- A proven track record of profitable revenue generation in the marine sector is essential.
- Excellent networking, negotiation, and influencing skills are essential with the ability to qualify customers, overcome objections and close a sale.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Detailed understanding of the potential business within the marketplace gained through previous experience as a Sales Account Manager / Customer Relationship Manager or Business Development Manager within General Marine/Offshore sector.
- Ability to listen to the customer’s needs and develop best-fit solutions.
- Commercial and contract awareness/experience is necessary.
- Fluent English speaker, both written and spoken.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.