Country:United States of America
Location:HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Every second a plane takes off with Collins Aerospace equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 70,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Kidde Fire Protection Systems (FPS) is currently seeking a Business Development Leader for the Wilson location. This position can also be located REMOTELY in Detroit, MI. Kidde FPS is a global organization of close to 900 employees with offices in the UK, France and Germany and headquartered in Wilson, North Carolina, USA. We design, manufacture and service fire protection systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms.
We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. This position offers an exciting opportunity to grow military aviation and helicopter sales for all Kidde product lines.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of how to put together business and product strategies for the military ground vehicle channel markets and be responsible for driving sales growth through new and existing sales channels.
- Support the Military Ground Vehicle Market Channel Leader in all initiatives to ensure that we protect, defend, and grow our sales year over year.
- Manage/Direct a global business development team.
- Identify new opportunities and manage a structured pursuit pipeline to meet/exceed quarterly business booking targets.
- Facilitate support from Collins Aerospace Global Customer Managers (GCM) and Customer Service Managers (CSM) in the pursuit and capture of key programs and position Kidde in the military ground vehicle market channel.
- Identify, develop, and cultivate strategic partnerships necessary to meet and exceed short and long term sales growth objectives.
- Drive GCM/CSM network to attain business growth objectives through new business wins and increase market share.
- Development of pricing and negotiation strategies which support target capture plans.
- Help negotiate terms of business contracts in conjunction with legal counsel/contracts and program management personnel.
- Foster positive customer relationships and act as primary focal for communication to drive voice of the customer within the organization.
- Maintain up-to-date data in CRM tool to provide transparency to the various internal business functions and demand management to ensure achieving customer milestones and commitments.
- Proactively monitor market or regulatory changes and communicate strategies to team that address and leverage those changes.
- Identify potential new product development opportunities based on customer and market needs.
*Education / Certifications
- BA/BS degree required w/10+ years of relevant experience
- Or MA/MS degree w/7+ years relevant experience
Experience / Qualifications
- 10 or more years in business development, customer management, technical sales, or have product knowledge and skill set.
- Military Ground Vehicle industry experience is highly preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude is required to develop understanding and present Kidde products and systems to customers.
- Solid understanding of common office technology, including Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as previously working with CRM (Sales Force, Dynamics, etc…)
- Proven track record of managing projects, closing business deals, and maintaining positive long-term business relationships
- Ability to solve complex problems and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and with a high degree of autonomy
Domestic and international travel is approximately 40%, but could be higher if required to achieve emergent business objectives and deliverables.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includesO employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms