Sometimes Promoting, Sometimes Recruiting. Always Orange.
About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organizations and communities across the globe.
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange. Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever-changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
About this Job:
We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Business Development Manager in the Southeast region. The Business Development Manager will provide internal and external business development expertise in various markets to locate, evaluate and capitalize existing and new opportunities that are central to the company’s strategic plan.
Sound like you? Here’s what you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Drive for Results: Drive for results is a deep-seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve ‘step changes’ in business results. It covers the desire to strive for constant improvement and to continuously redefine what can be achieved both in the market place and with the resources that are available to the individual. Outstanding performers focus their energy on achieving objectives, which support the long-term success of the business. They do this in a way that demonstrates maturity and self-control
- Task Completion: Reliable, Focused, Committed to Completing Tasks
- Resilience: Persistent, positive, self-reliant
- Accountability: Drives better outcomes by taking personal responsibility
- Customer Focus: Understands the importance of customer needs, whether internal or external, focuses on responding to them and develops relationships
- Working Together with Others: Relates to people, engages, builds relationships
We’re Experts. You’ll have the following experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably engineering, with 15+ years’ experience in direct selling
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the industries in which Aggreko markets its products and services
- Good facilitation skills
- Expert level negotiation skills with commercial terms and legal agreements and legal teams
- Ability to travel up to 80%
- Strategic planning skills
- Creative and analytical with logical decision-making skills
Your key responsibilities:
We’re Dynamic & Innovative. In an ever-changing business you will be nimble in seizing opportunities to pioneer effective ways to meet and exceed your responsibilities:
- Identify value-added engineering opportunities, position Aggreko’s engineering and technical resources, and deliver high value profitable projects to the area service centers, all of which are critical to the company’s strategic plan
- Coordinate and direct Aggreko resources needed to carry out project and rental needs of the customer
- Work with local service centers on invoicing, project execution, and market training
- Plan, including risk assessment, schedule and manage key projects
- Discover opportunities and issues in the industry
- Position Aggreko equipment and services to capitalize opportunities
- Position Aggreko’s engineering and technical resources, and deliver high-value profitable projects to the local service centers
- Demonstrate high levels of skill to recognize the opportunity, develop the appropriate technical and commercial responses, negotiate the terms and conditions and close the sale.
- Develop and deliver presentations to potential and existing customers, at the purchasing level, engineering level, and to top management
- Develop a comprehensive territory plan with specific revenue targets, customer plans and strategies
- Establish a consistent revenue stream and profitability levels to grow the business
- Leverage successes within the area and throughout the North American region
- Identify and develop value added opportunities that may fall outside typical commodity rentals to meet and exceed your responsibilities
The people you’ll work with:
We’re Together. In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the success of your colleagues and interact with the wider Aggreko team.
Other information you should know:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent periods are spent sitting and standing in the same location. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to move about or lift light objects (typically less than 15 lbs.)
The regular work environment is usually an office setting with conditions typical of an office. The employee may infrequently be exposed to other conditions, such as outside weather conditions. The work environment usually has a quiet to moderate noise level. You may be asked or required to work after regular business hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
This information should not be construed as the position’s exclusive standards. Performing other assigned duties is required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employees are responsible for knowing and following all company policies and procedures and Federal, State, and Local governmental regulations including Environmental Health and Safety requirements while working and representing Aggreko.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation, plus bonus
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Company paid - industry leading benefit plan including retirement with lucrative company match; paid leave, 10 paid holidays and a full insurance offering including medical, dental, life, vision, prescription drug, AD&D, and disability plans.
At Aggreko, we’re leading with confidence, bringing advanced rental energy solutions to the world, and providing you with pathways for success. If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please submit your resume today.
Aggreko is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.