Business Development Manager
ATA is seeking applicants to serve as the Business Development Manager for the Advanced EO/IR Sensors Program. The applicant will be an integral member of a joint Government and contractor team that operates in a very dynamic environment. The Advanced EO/IR Sensors Program delivers state-of-the-art EOIR solutions for extremely hard problems. The Business Development Manager will participate in day-to-day work as well as provide active management support for all current and new R&D efforts. The Business Development Leads’ duties will include business development, proposal management and execution, and customer interface.
The successful candidate must possess at least ten (10) years of experience in business development with the customer base in the Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia area. Proficiency in new business acquisition for a technical project organization and familiarity with small-to-large scale DoD and National system development, acquisition, and documentation practices is desired.
This position requires excellent communication skills with co-workers, customers, and government agencies, and a focus on upfront marketing to influence future funding capture opportunities. This Manager is expected to bring current contacts, vision, and knowledge to support ATA’s integrated product development efforts.
Required Education and Experience:
- - Bachelor’s degree in engineering/scientific discipline from an accredited four-year university
or equitable experience
- - Active U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance
- - Minimum ten (10) years of experience in Business Development and Marketing of high
technology solutions for DoD or National ground, air, or space applications
- - Demonstrated track record for identifying and capturing contracts for a wide range of applications
(e.g. SBIR/STTR, BAA, DII, Program of Record)
- - Experience in design, fabrication, and testing of ground, airborne or space-flight sensor
hardware and ground processing systems
- - Experience with systems engineering of advanced electro-optic (EO) and infrared (IR) sensor
- - Demonstrated leadership experience, with strong communications and customer skills
- - Demonstrated leadership skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- - Master’s degree and/or Doctorate in engineering/scientific discipline from an accredited
- - Current access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Programs
- - Experience with the Systems Engineering techniques and applications implemented on large DoD
and National systems
Yes, estimate less than 10% of the time.
ATA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ATA conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Please send all resumes, including cover letters, to Human Resources at Applied Technology Associates, 1300 Britt Street SE, Albuquerque, NM 87123. You may also fax them to (505) 998-2397, or e-mail them to ATAJobs@atacorp.com. PLEASE REFER TO DOCKET No. ATA20190909.