Who We Are
Driving Innovation. Together.
A part of a bright future tied to a proud past.
As part of the Toyota family of companies, Toyota Industries Commercial Finance (TICF) creates extraordinary customer experiences through our Brand Promise to be the partner of choice in the commercial finance industry.
Since 1985, TICF has offered an extensive line of commercial financing programs for Toyota forklifts and Hino trucks through our network of Toyota Industrial Equipment and Hino Motor Sales dealers to their customers. Our people-focused team of professionals are constantly striving to provide always better solutions. Because of that we have experienced substantial growth and evolution. We are a new organization with a proud legacy. Are you interested in becoming part of it?
TICF Vision Statement: To be the premier captive finance company that champions Toyota Industries Corporation, Hino Motors and dealers' prosperity.
TICF Mission Statement: Provide financial solutions to sell Toyota Industries, HINO Motors & Dealer products
Why This Job Exists: Job Summary/Scope of Impact
Please summarize the primary purpose of the job - why the job exists and what the expected business impact is. Include generic job titling conventions (e.g., clerical support, specialist, customer service, analyst, advisor/consultant, supervisor, manager).
The Business Development Manager's primary focus will be segmentation analysis in support of both Forklift and Hino's suite of products. This role will focus on Class's 1-5 for forklift and the Vocational Segment for Hino. Individual will be fully immersed with both brand partners in understanding sales by segment, customer demographics of each segment and development of products and services that will enhance TCF Value Proposition. This role will also be responsible for creating a suite of products in support of Bastian and Vanderlande, TICO affiliates. Impact to business with be both enhancing TCF Value Proposition and increasing revenue stream with enhanced products and services.
The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills. Thorough, clear communication (both written and verbal) proficiencies are required. Candidate will be able to demonstrate networking and relationship building experience, which includes examples of flexibility in thinking and operating style.
The foundation for this role will be around analyzing and interpreting data for Forklift sales and Hino sales. The results of this analysis will lead to the development and creation of Programs to help drive greater financing opportunities for TCF. This will require extensive involvement with various departments within TCF, TMH and HMS. Each brand (Toyota Forklift and Hino Trucks) is unique and will require an individual who has the experience to interpret sales and financing data, along with forecasting skills. All this to generate a wider breadth of financing options through TCF.
This position will play a key role in the continued expansion of integrating TCF into a regular cadence with TMH and HMS. This individual will also need to have the ability to work independently and have strong conflict management and resolution skills.
Once candidate is on-boarded, we will begin gradual transition of TMH primary pricing/product development liaison from Director of Credit focusing on joint subsidy programs/products.
What You'll Do: Major Accountabilities
* Monthly review of sales results in identifying areas of acquisition opportunity
* Meeting with Brand Partners to align with their respective Business Development Activities
* Meeting with Risk and Credit in understanding how portfolio segments are currently performing.
* Tracking product and program acquisition trends
* Review and assess OEMs respective business plans to ensure TCF alignment
Working Relationships, Management and Decision Expectations/Authority
TCF Sales & Credit Manager
TMH and HMS Marketing, IT & Business Development Teams
(FP & A)
Regional Sales Managers (RSM)
Who You Are: Experience, Training & Education
* 7-10 years in commercial finance
* College Degree in Business related field
* Builds Trust - Can be trusted to keep promises and confidences. Is honest and ethical. Behavior is consistently aligned with organization's core values.
-- Be faithful to your duties thereby contributing to the Company and to the overall good of society.
-- Be ahead of the times through endless creativity, curiosity and pursuit of improvement.
-- Be practical and avoid frivolity.
-- Be kind and generous; strive to create a warm, homelike atmosphere.
-- Be humble and show gratitude for things great and small.
* Communicates Effectively - Expresses self clearly, both in writing and in speaking. Is thorough, yet concise, and is consistently straightforward. Creates clarity. Readily shares information with others.
* Support Change & Innovation- Always supports change initiatives in a positive way. Proactively embraces change. Look for new ways of improving your day to day processes. Partner with your leadership team to support the top organization initiatives to achieve business goals.
* High-Performance Team Player -- Proactively seeks new ways to continually learn and develop. Takes initiative and strives to consistently exceed expectations at all times. Addresses conflicts/concerns through the appropriately avenues in a spirit of cooperation. Creates appropriate SMART goals aligned to the top business objectives.
* Achieves Results - Overcomes obstacles to achieve results that set high standards for others and that positively impact the organization.
* Self-starter and willingness to drive initiatives from the ground up.
* Financial acumen-understand how programs impact P/L performance
* Highly analytical and data driven
* Date Interpretation skills-excel, access, SQL
Turn Toward Great Benefits
* Work/Life (flextime, 9/80 work schedules offered where applicable)
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vehicle lease and purchase program
* Medical, dental and vision insurance (plus more)
* Generously matched 401(k)
* Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, holidays)
* Open, collaborative work environment
* Opportunities for growth
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. We E-Verify.
Hyperlinks to E-Verify posters:
For E-Verify Poster Standard English, Click here.
For E-Verify Poster Spanish, Click here.
For E-Verify Native Documents/Right to Work English, Click here
For E-Verify Native Documents/Right to Work Spanish, Click here.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled