Business Development Manager – Vantis
Nestled in our five locations around the Bay Area, we create great spaces, and our offices are no exception. Standing desks, treadmill desks, a huddle room or lounge space – you choose how you work.
Our work culture believes in treating people like family and projects like relationships. We’ve always had confidence that it’s the environments where we spend most of our time that ultimately shape and bring the best in us. That is one of the reasons why we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
Our people work on diverse projects that promote workplace happiness, productivity, and well-being – from Operations to Sales and Design. Come be a part of the fabric of One Workplace!
The Business Development Manager will help expand existing client relationships and develop new relationships with architects, owners/authorities, other general contractors and trade partners. In doing so, the business development manager will help build a stable pipeline of project opportunities for consideration by the company. The primary responsibility of the Business Development role is to build relationships and secure construction project acquisitions for the company, promote the company services to ensure client satisfaction from a retention perspective, consistently messaging and communicating the Vantis brand.
- Engage acquisitions to understand owner needs, to represent Vantis’s abilities and services to close potential clients.
- Utilize lead generating software, industry contacts and relationships to generate project leads and push through for project acquisition. Manage existing accounts to ensure client satisfaction and on-going business relationships.
- Understand key trends and important issues in the market.
- Track bid volume, lead conversion rate and cost to acquire new business using Salesforce or provided CRM software.
- Provide outstanding service and value through collaborative problem-solving and timely response to client requests. Research services that appropriately address client’s needs, budget and timelines.
- Provide advice and counsel; act as liaison, provide planning, etc. to prospective and current clients.
- Work with internal Marketing team to generate collateral such as customer decks and content for Vantis’s internet presence.
- Support our field ops team to ensure that customer feels we over-deliver on every job.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with subcontractors, general contractors, brokers, PM developers to increase market exposure of Vantis.
- Analyze market activity and define ideal project opportunities.
- Participate in the collection, management and reporting of accurate client database and revenue goals for preconstruction and construction services.
- Maintain memberships in professional organizations and attend other association meetings to stay informed of the market conditions, current discussions and to establish relationships.
- Engage with Vantis’s corporate sponsorship program to achieve branding value, mission alignments and business results along with strategizing on thought leadership events, coordinating with Vantis’s PR agent.
- Provide ongoing updates on business development activities and pipeline forecasting.
- Respond to new and existing client needs and requests by coordinating and overseeing involvement of design and project Management.
- Work with preconstruction and construction team to qualify client needs, budget, and project schedule from early planning through completion.
- Collaborate with preconstruction and construction team throughout the project to ensure client and project teams expectations are met.
- Maintain business development involvement and visibility through the duration of all projects to foster relationships with clients and project teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university preferred
- 3 years’ related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with prefabricated and other offsite construction is preferred
- Knowledge of educational construction, scheduling, and procurement methods
- Familiar with architectural specifications and construction design elements
- Comfortable interfacing with clients, architects, general contractors, brokers, developers and vendors, with minimal supervision and/or direction
- Exceptional customer service skills with ability to confidently make technical recommendations and provide solutions to client needs
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills with ability to present products and solutions, and to lead meetings
- Knowledge of business practices, structure and philosophies with ability to determine pricing and discounting
- Ability to apply logical reasoning, creative problem solving and sound business judgment
- Reliable transportation to visit sites in the surrounding Bay Area
- Software Skills:
- Building Connected experience and Construct Connect is a Plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel
- Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech and touching
- Ability to lift to 40 pounds
- Ability to walk moderate distances and climb ladders and/or scaffolding
- Complex reading and writing, intermediate math skills, judgment/decision making, analysis/comprehension
- Regularly work with others, occasionally works alone.
- Generally, works in an office environment with moderate noise.
- Works around construction sites or outside around dust, dirt and loud noise.