Feyen Zylstra (FZ) is an Industrial Technology and Electrical Services firm committed to the ongoing growth of its business through strategies that build upon our reputation as an innovative problem solver and an employer of choice. Financial and cultural health are central to our success. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI with offices in Nashville, TN; Charleston, SC; Traverse City, MI; and Kalamazoo, MI, FZ’s 550+ employees are focused on the most complex industrial and institutional clients in the Midwest and Southeastern United States.
Successful employees at FZ have a passion for people, a commitment to results, and a desire to be part of a highly functioning team. Our team is data driven, innovative, collaborative, and committed to the success of those around them. This position reports to a Construction, Service or Low Voltage leader. This role is responsible for electrical installation, troubleshooting and maintenance within complex commercial and industrial settings and teaching and mentoring apprentices.
- Land and onboard new customers by leveraging relationships and driving “road mapping” engagements with customers………HW Migrations, Networking, Information’s Solutions, etc.
- Identify and close both Cap Ex and Op Ex projects and therefore repeat sales with end-user customers.
- Act as a spokesperson and advocate for FZ within the controls, automation, & application areas in the FZ Target Markets as defined in our Market Positioning Documents.
- Hunt and grow profitable sales at target accounts. Objective: Drive >=25% profitability (less overhead) on project sales.
- Besides, growing sales be accountable for maintaining a rolling 12-month forecast for target accounts.
- Work with strategic partners to assist in annual joint account planning initiatives. These include but are not limited to Rockwell Automation, Siemens, Inductive Automation, and their partners.
- Work with the proposal team to develop project-centric proposals and then deliver them to customers.
- Target Account End User List (Jim and Steve to develop list together):
- Existing Customers (selective list of defined customers)
- New prospect Target End Users
- Lead the “hunting” of new opportunities within our selective target accounts in the western MI market.
- Be the customer advocate and drives towards 70% customer face time.
- Assist in developing the annual sales target plan and rolling twelve-month forecast. This is both strategy and tactics.
- Keep your forecast and sales pipeline up-to-date and accurate in Dynamics 365.
- In conjunction with the EVP, Sales, and Marketing, develop contact and sales plan to approach new and current companies /contacts regarding FZ capabilities and offerings
- Participate in marketing activities such as trade shows, seminars, and content development for web materials and white papers
- Maintain relationships with key customers in operations, manufacturing, engineering, maintenance, and manufacturing IT functions.
- Develop and document account management practices for adoption by FZ customer service/account management staff
- Provide mentoring and detailed assistance to project managers and team members
- Help determine technology training and education opportunities for key Controls, Automation & Information resources
- Develop competencies to maximize impact and personal capabilities
- As performance evolves, the ability to lead a team may become available.
Competencies: Skills, Knowledge, and Experiences
- 7+ years of Industrial Automation Selling Experience
- Technology Discipline: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Industrial or Computer Science bachelor’s degree preferred
- An established network of business contacts and customers within the industrial automation industry.
- Developed and maintained thorough knowledge of FZ’s industry segments
- Exceptionally well versed in Industrial Automation Applications (Level 1, Level 2, & Level 3)
- Familiar with the types of technology used by FZ and its customers
- Outstanding communications skills, including written skills, but especially verbal skills
- Ability to create and foster strong relationships
- Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration and a win-win paradigm
- Strong business acumen and ability to determine the long-term value
- Manage vendors and channels
- Background in consulting or practice lead
- Demonstrated leadership and influence characteristics
- Excellent listening skills
- Able to work within and achieve business targets and can communicate the company’s strategies effectively
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture. Candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen. FZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or other protected classes.