WHO WE ARE:
Makai HR is a well-funded Professional Employer Organization started in 2018. We provide local businesses with outsourced HR solutions so that our customers can dedicate their full attention to running their businesses. We are committed to supporting Hawaii’s business community with reliable, cost-effective HR solutions.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our team. This person is responsible for the first step towards company growth. The BDM finds and closes new business through a consultative sales process. They qualify and sell inbound leads, prospect externally, and build a pipeline of new clients. Hard work is a given in a role like this and in order to be successful, a BDM will need to love to work with business owners, entrepreneurs and be active in the local community.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Makai HR is a start-up company. This is an amazing opportunity to take your knowledge, experience and leadership skills and put them towards building something special. New challenges present themselves every day which means we’re constantly learning, constantly building and tweaking processes that make sense for our clients, and constantly re-defining what success looks like for ourselves. Our environment is dynamic and ever evolving, and for the person seeking change and growth, this might be the perfect place.
We also provide competitive compensation packages which include 100% paid employee healthcare, paid time off as well as a flexible and collaborative work culture. Compensation for this role is a base salary + a competitive commission structure with no cap.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Minimum of 3 years B2B Sales and/or Business Development experience
- Prior experience selling to SMB owners a plus, not required
- Experience working at a start-up / former business owner a plus, not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use strategic and consultative selling skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, constantly changing business and numbers-driven work environment while managing multiple projects and responsibilities
- Ability to adapt to evolving department and role, and to take on new challenges as they become delegated to the position
- Strong time-management, organizational and relationship building skills; self-sufficient and creative problem solver
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint and Excel) and Salesforce
- Ability to travel interisland from time to time
WHAT YOUR DAY TO DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE:
- Find and develop prospects by heavy networking, referrals, cold calling, direct selling, and business development through industry-specific organizations, centers of influence and self-built ecosystems
- Establish trusted advisor relationship with warm inbound leads & list to determine prospect’s needs and successfully walk through sales process
- Develop and present comprehensive sales proposals to business owners & key stakeholders
- Achieve 100%+ of annual sales quota by meeting the company’s KPI metrics focused on activity, conversion rates and pipeline
- Collaborate with various other departments to deliver a successful product and service to our clients
- Complete all administrative tasks and duties in a timely matter
- Be willing to complete other related projects and responsibilities that may come up as part of a start-up company
- Most importantly, impact our business which is in its early stages and growing quickly!