Diné Development Corporation (DDC) is the parent company of NOVA Corporation, DDC IT Services, Diné Source, BRIC, LLC, and DDC-CS and is 100% tribally owned by the Navajo Nation.
DDC is dedicated to providing outstanding services to its customers and employees. Our strength is in our ability to understand our client's needs and deliver a solution that will not only meet those needs but exceed their expectations. DDC strives to be innovative in all areas of business and is committed to technical excellence. Our corporate offices are located on the Navajo Nation reservation in Window Rock, Arizona, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Columbia, Maryland.
DDC through its subsidiaries provides unique, custom solutions to meet our customers’ communications and technology needs. Our solutions provide relevant capabilities using modern technology. At their most complex, they are multi-purpose systems that gather information from dozens of different sources. The information is presented to decision makers immediately, visually, clearly.
Diné Development Corporation will accommodate individuals with disabilities that need assistance applying for open positions.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Business Development, the Business Development Manager will help to create long-term success for his/her subsidiary customers by developing, maintaining, and improving business relationships within the federal, state and tribal markets. He/she will be responsible for seeking new and diverse business opportunities for all DDC subsidiaries that align with the DDC’s long-term growth strategy. This position will be responsible for helping plan and execute a variety of business development strategies to shape and diversify the DDC family of companies. This will entail working closely with each subsidiary and executive team to create pricing strategies and define comprehensive solution offerings.
Applicants must be detail-oriented, organized, effective communicators, and team players with a strong focus on quality and client service. The Business Development Manager will be expected to perform non-routine tasks on multiple projects simultaneously, including contributing to writing technical and/or planning and proposal documents and leading multiple capture projects.
This position requires team and individual-based work and the ability to complete tasks within tight deadlines. Duties include personnel management, RFI/RFP interpretation, task scheduling, quality assurance/control, subcontractor communication, budget and pricing analysis and development, and both scheduled and periodic meetings with internal and external customers. The employee will nurture existing relationships and hold, at minimum, monthly meetings with current clients and prospects. He/she will seek business opportunities by networking (physically meeting target organizations, offices, and individuals) and researching solicitations using the web, capture tools, and other market research methods. Travel is required for this duty. The employee will also maintain close communication with both the Sr. Director of BD, the BD team, and his/her subsidiary customers, and make necessary visits to the headquarters office in Chambersburg, PA as needed
• Function as primary point of contact with the customer (subsidiary) for business development and market research management support• Oversee the development and implementation of the customer’s business development strategy and goals• Responsible for strategic evaluation of potential business opportunities and input into the organization’s overall business strategy.• Support the development of annual strategic business plans for assigned subsidiaries
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads a team of business development and capture managers through all phases of the business development life cycle• Identify and track opportunities using tools, such as GovWin, FBO, Bloomberg Government, and FPDS• Maintain a subsidiary pipeline of opportunities in a capture management tool• Collaborate and coordinate internal BD activities to ensure opportunities are prioritized, managed, and appropriately funded within the business area• Contribute to researching and writing technical and/or planning documents, including capture and proposal management plans, RFI/RFP responses, and key response sections, such as management approaches, staffing plans, and past performance• Interact and negotiate with vendors, subcontractors, and teaming partners for identified opportunities• Coordinate with operations leadership to ensure access to subject matter experts for proposal development• Attend networking events, conferences, and other industry events to network with other vendors and federal clients
• Strong relations within a federal/DoD agency (US Navy, USCG, BIA, CIA, NSA, etc.) not currently (or minimally) serviced by a DDC subsidiary• Understanding of the unique contracting advantages of tribally-owned 8(a) companies• Competent, experienced, and knowledgeable in the broad disciplines of business development and capture/proposal Management• Experience preparing documents and plans that demonstrate technical knowledge• Experience building pipelines/captures of contract vehicles• Experience capturing large, competitive contract vehicles• Experience capturing work utilizing a GSA Schedule• Experience supporting teaming arrangements with primes and subcontractor
Technical Skills Required:
• Understanding of IT contracting and acquisition practices, services, sales, and operations as they pertain to the federal sector, with an emphasis on the DoD (specifically knowledge of IT services within the U.S. Army, USAF, and DISA)• Understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR); costing including Time and Materials (T&M), Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF); and contracts, including Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA), Government Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWAC), and Sole Source• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills• Strong customer service orientation• Demonstrated project task management abilities• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment• Must be able to work under minimal supervision• Promote a harassment-free environment• Follow organizational policies and procedures• Uphold organizational values• Exhibit sound and accurate judgment
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
• Strong relations within a federal/DoD agency (US Navy, USCG, BIA, CIA, NSA, etc.) not currently (or minimally) serviced by a DDC subsidiary• Understanding of the unique contracting advantages of tribally-owned 8(a) companies• Competent, experienced, and knowledgeable in the broad disciplines of business development and capture/proposal Management• Experience preparing documents and plans that demonstrate technical knowledge• Experience building pipelines/captures of contract vehicles• Experience capturing large, competitive contract vehicles• Experience capturing work utilizing a GSA Schedule• Experience supporting teaming arrangements with primes and subcontractors
Candidate can be located in one of our many locations: Chambersburg, PA; Odenton, MD; Dayton, OH; Virginia Beach, VA; Telework optional
B.S. from an accredited, post-secondary institution (or) 10+ years of experience in a business development role and a minimum of 5+ years working in a management or supervisory capacity
Certification Preferred: PMP, APMP, ITIL, or similar certifications requested (not required)