Business Development Manager—Corporate and Healthcare
At Buchanan Ingersoll& Rooney PC, we work together to serve clients and each other. With offices throughout the eastern U.S. and in California, we offer significant opportunity to talented professionals wishing to join a high-performing, collaborative business development team.
We are recruiting for a Business Development Manager for the firm’s Corporate and Healthcare practices. The ideal candidate will be based in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia or New York and have substantial experience leading transactional and regulatory practice business development and marketing. The position reports to the Director of Business Development and works closely with practice and industry team leaders to develop and implement proactive strategies to grow revenue and reputation. This position manages a business development coordinator who assists with tactical implementation.
Specific Responsibilities of the Position:
- Serve as a strategic business development leader for pursuits in the Corporate and Healthcare spaces by proactively identifying, pursuing and advancing high-value, high-probability revenue growth opportunities.
- Drive execution on business plans, working closely with practice leadership and attorneys.
- Formulate client acquisition strategies at the group and individual levels.
- Implement one-on-one sales coaching and pitch strategy meetings to optimize new business pursuits and proliferate business development best practices.
- Leverage intelligence resources to conduct opportunity assessments and make new business pursuit recommendations.
- Identify key external marketing opportunities to promote the Corporate and Healthcare capabilities, and participate in networking events and industry meetings.
- Collaborate with the media and marketing teams to maximize PR and grow reputation.
- Develop and manage a strategic business development that supports revenue growth.
- Occasional travel required.
Skills and Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or communications preferred. JD or MBA is a plus but not required.
Minimum 5-7 years of experience in professional services business development. Law firm or Big 4 accounting experience a plus.
Proven track record of success in business development.
Experience leveraging legal research and analytics platforms.
Excellent relationship building capabilities required. Ability to build rapport and trust with senior executives.
Strong project management, organizational, leadership, coaching, analytical and supervisory skills.
Experience with budgeting and budget management.
Buchanan Ingersoll and Rooney PC offers a benefit package that includes;
Pension Profit Sharing Program
Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer