|We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated business development/growth/sales professional looking to work remotely and establish a career with a client-centric, fast-paced and growing company. As our Business Development Manager and Growth Leader, the individual will design and execute a strategic sales plan and develop opportunities from existing, solid relationships. The role requires an experienced growth-oriented and results-driven professional committed to success by embracing and living our core values of Persistence, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Prudence.|
- Develop a comprehensive and time sensitive business development and growth plan with strategies for growth performance. Utilize existing relationships, meet sales targets resulting in client satisfaction and profitable engagements
- Research, discover and source leads. Call on senior-level executives and forge new client relationships
- Close new business deals with an understanding of our client’s needs and requirements; develop and negotiate project contracts, and review client/contract specifications with project teams
- Build and maintain a sustainable sales backlog and aid development of annual sales plans for the company. Report on business development and growth activities weekly
- Delight the client. Provide positive client relations, working with them as partners to develop long-term and meaningful relationships for mutual benefit
- Write grant applications; participate with procurement process for clients including technical RFI, RFP, RFQ, and ITB. Remain current on industry and legislative changes related to 9-1-1; assess impact to clients
- Collaborate with our marketing team to identify new opportunities, interpret trends and promote efforts to meet current trends. Ensure efficient and effective marketing, advertising and promotional planning. Coordinate activities at trade shows and conferences
- Support and promote our core values, the team, and leadership in achieving the MCP corporate mission and goals
- Perform well in a multi-tasked environment with continuously shifting priorities
Basic Requirements, Knowledge, and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience in emergency communications, public safety and/or emergency management
- Minimum 5 years of business development experience. Proven success developing new opportunities and managing growth of consultancy based professional services for public safety and/or mission critical systems
- Membership and participation in affiliations and organizations pertaining to Public Safety, including various boards and committees. The candidate must have established relationships in both commercial and government environments serving the Law Enforcement, Public Safety and/or the 9-1-1 community
- Successful history and thorough background working with Public Safety Operations, Land Mobile Radio (LMR), Broadband and Wireless Communications for Public Safety, Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1), IP based technologies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer. Knowledge of Deltek Vision and/or other automated sales management tools is preferred
- Knowledge of federal, state and local agency policies and regulatory activities related to 9-1-1
- Valid Driver’s License with the ability to drive your own vehicle to our client locations and MCP regional offices
Mission Critical Partners, Inc.
Mission Critical Partners helps transform public safety systems and operations at every stage of their lifecycle: assess, implement, design, build and manage. Backed by the best talent in the public safety industry who bring decades of experience to every project, we provide a broad range of consulting and lifecycle management services that give our clients greater confidence they will achieve their vision.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Mission Critical Partners shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.