Element has an opportunity for a Business Development Manager responsible for supporting CMC, Product Development and Clinical Manufacturing services provided from our location in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Establish and pro-actively maintain a strong professional relationship with key decision makers and influencers within assigned accounts
- Drive profitable sales expansion with a focus on acquiring new and re-engaging with dormant accounts, while growing existing clients
- Gather and analyze market and industry intelligence, metrics, and trends to determine customer needs
- Identify opportunities early in the sales cycle to ensure maximum share of wallet for Element
- Deliver business development related presentations, negotiate, and close business with nominated accounts, working in coordination with location business development resources
- Provide positive leadership and representation of Element to the public, customers, vendors, and to all employees through membership in professional organizations, serving on company project teams, conducting employee meetings and visiting work areas and interacting with employees. Represent company at industry association meetings to promote company and services offered
- Prepare reports and presentations showing sales volume by sector, region, location, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Follow up in a timely manner on quotations for the assigned customer base
- Achieve sales goals by converting, retaining and penetrating accounts
- Work closely with other sales roles and utilizes technical support to maximize the sales realized in the territory
- Lead access and persuasion steps in sales process, including qualifying, relationship building, needs evaluation, solution development/presentation and closing
- Identify full customer test needs to uncover additional opportunities within accounts across Element
- Actively utilize CRM to record activities, ensuring contact details are accurate, duplicates are removed, new information is added and accurate call / visit logs are entered
- Represent clients as an ombudsperson to resolve issues or misunderstandings between client and Element
- Actively participate in regular pipeline reviews, ensuring all CRM records are up to date and critical success factors are identified for key opportunities
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of Element's service offerings; participate in training/coaching opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all Element policies including but not limited to Terms and Conditions, trade compliance, treatment of others, moral code of conduct, and employee handbook
- Ensure adherence to all applicable laws pertaining to safety, environment and corporate governance
Experience in a technical sales or commercial supporting role
- An advanced degree in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry or related field
- Ten years experience in CMC development lab
- Knowledgeable in drug product formulation and clinical batch production
- A successful track record of providing technical services to customers and stakeholders
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills to meet a variety of communication needs
- Good interpersonal skills that foster open upward and downward communication built on mutual respect
- Ability to interface with clients, to maintain good relationships with current clients and win new work and determine their requirements; helps develops proposals including cost estimates, work plan and terms and conditions
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration business in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.