Company is looking to hire a hands-on, self-starting and highly motivated Business Development Manager to develop business development activities needed to win work in new markets, to develop new customers and business areas, to recapture expiring projects and programs and to expand market penetration under existing accounts.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a “pipeline” for new business and recapturing efforts of existing contracts, ensuring accuracy of the data for all opportunities assigned under this position
- Be responsible for identifying and qualifying new business development opportunities and overseeing the capture management and proposal development processes. These efforts will include the identification, qualification, and determination for bid on upcoming business development opportunities.
- Conducting market assessments and manage business development activities to support growth within the Facilities O&M and Logistics business sectors.
- Support the corporate leadership in staying aware of and preparing new business development opportunities, including: Upcoming business development targets; Market outreach events; Contract Industry Day events; Other important outreach events
- New business pursuits will be focused on, Base Operations and Support Services for customers such as the U.S. Air Force, Defense Logistics Agency, Department of the Navy, U.S. Army, Department of Homeland Security Department of Energy and other federal agencies.
- Participate in the development of annual and long range strategic business plans
- Drive requirements for marketing and tradeshow strategies and attend tradeshows and networking events. Manage trade show efforts and keep trade show booth and materials current
- Meet and maintain close relationship with new and current customers. Contact prospective customers using networking, referrals from current customers, POC listings from advance RFP postings, and professional organization meeting, conferences, and workshops
- Manage the opportunity pipeline process with probability of win calculations, revenue projections, and direct input to the company budget and forecasting process.
- Determine teaming requirements for Prime efforts; identify and qualify industry partners and identify teaming opportunities for subcontracting opportunities.
- Provide proposal development support, as needed, to meet growth objectives.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert writer for the company business development proposal efforts
- Work collaboratively with other assembled members of the company to design, develop, and publish proposal documents
- Coordinate and conduct proposal review teams
- Provide support in the development of the Technical, Management, and Cost Volumes.
- Ten plus (10+) years of progressive experience in Business Development in US Government contracting environment. Four plus (4+) years of experience with proposal process in Government contracting environment
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications; Experience in technical writing.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university. Masters degree a plus
- PMP certification
- Current experience with US Government facilities programs in the areas of managing scope, quality, schedule, and cost for projects at a senior level.
- Proven ability to develop business at executive and mid-levels.
- Proven management track record - project level or higher - that illustrates success in BO, Government Program/Project management, and general management responsibilities
- Knowledge of decision makers, strategic direction, and major programs in the subject market space.
- Ability to up sell and expand services from existing contracts.
- Successful track record developing business in new markets. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of developing and delivering effective sales presentations. Excellent proposal development skills.
- Demonstrated success targeting and winning services contracts.
- Proven ability to develop and execute sales strategies leveraging partnerships with vendors and other industry partners.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Collaborative leader with ability to pull together cross functional support for BD initiatives.
A background check and drug screen will be conducted for this position.