O’Connor Construction Management, Inc. is a full-service, independent construction management company. The firm was founded in 1982 as a cost consultancy for owners and design professionals. Over the past 37 years we have broadened our scope of services to include every aspect of program, project, and construction management. We offer a flexible and challenging work environment that focuses on quality, client relationships, and employee development.
As a dedicated Business Development & Marketing Manager, you will be a part of a marketing team that spearheads nationwide pursuits and supports technical staff. This position will lead marketing initiatives for the region, as well as support corporate. Must be detail-oriented, organized, have excellent verbal/written skills, possess strong planning skills, be a self-starter who also takes direction well, and possess the ability to communicate effectively while meeting deadlines. The Business Development & Marketing Manager will also be responsible for business development support including participation in local industry groups and representation at pre-proposal conferences. This position is located in Rockville, MD and will report to the Vice President.
- Demonstrable experience in marketing together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- Understanding of A/E/C industry terminology and procedures, with federal government pursuit experience a plus.
- Write/create content, coordinate, manage, and maintain various marketing projects for the organization.
- Manage qualification, proposal, and presentation activities
- Manage and track opportunities
- Manage collateral materials development, public relations and advertising programs, corporate identity development and implementation, special events, and market research activities
- Assist with website, PR, social media, and other as-needed marketing related items
- Advise and implement inbound marketing and digital marketing with corporate marketing team
- Create and refine marketing materials using InDesign, and other Adobe Creative Suite products
- Represent the firm to clients, peer organizations, and business associates
- Excellent time management skills and adherence to strict client deadlines. Ability to prioritize and be proactive is a must.
- Strong grammar and writing skills
- Work independently and collaboratively with a diverse group of people
- Self-starter with initiative and follow through
- Very detail oriented
- Proficient in Adobe CS6
Application Process: Please include in your submission: (1) cover letter and resume, (2) writing/work samples.