The Project Manager is a member of the Business Development team focused on working towards realizing the mission of the organization: Advance the work of our authors. He/she will be responsible for the day-to-day management of project logistics and communication, ensuring all deliverables are executed on time, on budget, and within the established content guidelines. The Project Manager thinks strategically, understands internal processes, and interacts well with a wide range of personalities in various positions. The Project Manager maintains excellent communication with internal and external customers keeping complex priorities in balance while providing exceptional customer service. The Project Manager is adept at problem-solving and focuses on the detail to ensure that the projects are on track.
Summary of essential job functions
- Manage internal and external resources to ensure milestones are met on a day-to-day basis, communicating schedule changes to ensure consistent team alignment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to coordinate project kick-offs, check-ins, internal handoffs and final deliveries
- Create and maintain communication plans, project dashboards, status reports, and timelines
- Track project progress and communicate status to stakeholders and troubleshoot and resolve any issues that arise with respect to project delivery
- Build and foster internal relationships through effective communication and management of expectations
- Articulate goals, requirements, and schedules with all stakeholders
- Work with education specialists for advanced content implementation as needed
- Understand company products and services
- Travel to customer sites as needed
Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills. The best candidate will have K–12 educational experience and/or relevant program/project management experience. Our company desires team members who have a customer service orientation, need little supervision, and are committed to team success. Candidates must be self-motivated with an eye for detail and have strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
This is a full-time position based in Bloomington, Indiana, with occasional travel required.
Bachelor’s degree and proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential.