Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, India, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on its blog, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for outbound prospecting into target accounts and for inbound lead qualification within an assigned territory. This role requires a motivated self-starter capable of making things happen and getting results.
You will utilize phone, email, and other channels of prospecting to contribute to building a pipeline of qualified opportunities through the creation of leads, pre-qualifying prospects, and initiating prospect meetings.
The Business Development Representative will report to the Inside Sales Manager and be part of a team that includes inside sales, field sales, and sales engineers working collectively to exceed monthly and quarterly sales performance goals.
- Hunt for new business opportunities through a high volume of outbound activity in a metric driven sales process
- Identify decision makers within target accounts to initiate sales process
- Gain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of our value proposition and technology solutions to position to prospects
- Maintain awareness of market conditions and competitors' products and pricing to keep up-to-date on knowledge of the industry
- Work closely with Sales Management and sales teams to identify target customer profile lists and execute strategic prospecting plans
- Collaborate with Territory Account Managers to determine necessary strategic sales approaches
- Pre-qualify prospects and schedule discovery calls leading to qualified opportunities for Territory Account Managers and Inside Sales Account Managers
- Contribute to account mapping and territory planning to maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects in Salesforce CRM
- Emphasize customer value over product features and benefits
- Overcome objections of prospective customers
- A minimum of 1+ years B2B sales or business development experience preferable but not required
- Self-starter with sales “hunter” mentality
- Strong competitive nature and desire to win
- Highly coachable and interested in developing sales skills through ongoing coaching and training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of urgency, ability to constantly prioritize, awareness of timelines and deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Superior relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Office Suites, along with Salesforce CRM