Summary: Primarily responsible for lead generation activities in support of the company’s sales and service goals.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Answer all incoming phone calls according to a proven, pre-set script, and schedule a sales or service appointment.
- Log all customer comments into Dealership Management System
- Schedule follow-up contact if no appointment is made in Dealership Management System
- Confirm scheduled appointments with future customers.
- Post scheduled appointments on appointment board in the Business Development Center.
- Re-schedule “no-show” customer appointments.
- Follow-up with sales or service department to determine if the appointment was kept and what the outcome was. Schedule future contact as needed.
- Maintain and update customer changes in database.
- Contact current customer base on current marketing incentives.
- Respond to customer website request (internet inquiries).
- Contact internet clients via e-mail and phone to schedule a sales or service appointment.
- Notify necessary departments to inform of appointments set.
- Forward any customer concerns to the correct department Manager and follow-up.
- Maintains CSI at or above Company standards
- Maintains an organized, clean and safe work area
- Participates in required training
- Follows Safeguards rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the Company’s Core Values
- Maintains accurate timekeeping record in timekeeping system.
- Complies with Company policies and procedures
- Observes all Federal, State, Local and Company safety rules and regulations in the performance of duties.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with medical conditions to perform the essential functions.
√ High School Diploma
o Associate Degree
o Bachelor Degree
o Master Degree
o Doctorate Degree
Field of Study/Work Experience:
o Human Resources
o Information Technology
Desired Work Experience:
√ up to 3 years
o 3-5 years
o 5+ years
Previous customer service and/or business development experience. Ability to deliver superior customer satisfaction.
Certificates and Licenses:
o Valid Driver’s License
o Automobile Salesperson License
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Intermediate ability and knowledge of Dealership Management System and additional software programs to support operations.
Ability to understand and follow instructions. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and company
personnel. Strong interpersonal and skills.
The position requires regular and predictable attendance. Scheduled shifts may include evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
Duties are performed primarily in the Business Development Center. Work involves continuous contact and interaction with customers and dealership personnel. Work includes movement around dealership facilities.
Verbal and Writing Ability:
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to receive and communicate with customers courteously, efficiently, and professionally.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following Core Values:
Servant Leaders consciously put the needs of others before their own, because to serve people is to value them.
Teamwork through Trust & Respect
Diversity is strength, and when we trust and respect one another we can work as a team to achieve at a high level.
Being honest and transparent with people, in an effort to do the right thing within the letter and spirit of the law, drives every action we take and every decision we make.
Commitment to Customer Enthusiasm
Every day we recommit ourselves to the customer experience, and we are empowered to exceed the expectations of our customers.
Passion for Winning
Hendrick’s tradition of winning is based on the idea of striving to be the best, not the biggest, and is therefore defined by how we treat our people.
Accountability at All Levels
Taking ownership of our actions and our decisions allows us to grow as individuals, and support each other as a team.
Commitment to Continuous Improvement
Every day we soften our hearts as well as our egos, in order to seek out and improve upon areas of opportunity within ourselves and our team.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties and responsibilities upon the request of a supervisor. This job description is subject to revision at the discretion of the company.
Hendrick Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information regarding the EEOC, please visit http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf.