Job Opening ID:00304108 Business Development Representative (Open)
Job Title:Business Development Representative
Country:United States of America
Full/Part Time:Full time
Job Description Summary:As a brokerage, ICS is very familiar with supply and demand. And as with any brokerage, for ICS, there is supply on one side and demand on the other, with the broker making money on the margin in the middle. For ICS, the supply side represents the shipments of freight of its customers. The demand side represents the 30,000 partner transportation companies with whom it currently works. So, for example, consider a shipment of freight from Dallas, TX to Philadelphia, PA. The customer has agreed to pay ICS $2,000 for the safe, on-time pick-up and delivery of the freight. A Carrier Sales Coordinator will then coordinate that shipment of freight with another trucking company for a profitable amount, say $1,600. The difference between what ICS pays a carrier and what ICS receives from its customers is its profit. So where would you come in?
The Business Development Representative role allows you access to market JB Hunt’s ICS brand in an ever-changing transportation brokerage market. How does it make you feel that in your first year you may be in charge of over $1M of J.B. Hunt's revenue? We are looking for enthusiastic, driven individuals to add to our fastest growing business segment.
What you will do:
- Secure business for the enterprise
- Market, service and promote JBHT’s transportation products and services
- Collect and analyze information regarding the customer’s transportation requirements, lanes, inbound & outbound, pricing & logistics
- Determine those transportation products/solutions that best meet the customer’s needs
- Advise customer regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different transportation solutions
- Prepare bid responses for new and existing customers
- Foster excellent customer relationships
- Negotiate rates with carries to meet margin requirements and ensure maximum profitability
- Develop leads and cold-call potential customers and build freight volume from existing customers
- Establish and maintain a book of regular business by building relationships with customers and carriers
What we have to offer:
- Organic growth and opportunity
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Employee Resource Groups- Focus on professional development and advancement
- Continual training with our ICS Training Road Map
- Fortune 500 Company exposure & networking opportunities
What it takes:
- College degree preferred or relevant brokerage/transportation experience and/or training
- High-energy, passion to sell
- Problem -solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Customer service, A+
- Great phone presence with no fear of cold calling
*Preference given to candidates with a familiarization and/or experience with LTL freight
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development. Nation-wide opportunities. We are J.B. Hunt.
Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career!
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It's no wonder we have been named one of America's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”